30

The couple decided to take the family to the city, to their apartment, they knew they would be safer there, and no one could get too close to them. The kids were excited to them it was like a mini vacation to the city, they brought what they needed and what would entertain them, the apartment had everything they needed in it, it was more their home comforts that they took along with them they decided they would get breakfast on the way to the city. 

The Samboras decided it would be a good idea to, take the family away somewhere for a few days, they headed to the coast to their beach house; needless to say, when the Bongiovi kids found out their partners in time were going to the beach, they were a little pissed. It took some convincing but they managed to appease them with bribery of shopping. This was going to be a painful experience and neither adults particularly looked forward to shopping with the children.
In the apartment block, Jon and Cori had purchased two of the top floor penthouses, there were three, The Samboras purchased the other and they knew it would be good for family visiting the city, they went halves on the middle apartment as the at was going to be the extra families space. Only the two couples and the security had a key to the elevator for the top floor.

The Samboras and the Bongiovis tended to buy properties close to each other, sometimes the other band members would purchase near, especially at the beach, so when they could all have a great time at the beach together as one big Bon Jovi happy family.

They got settled in and as customary when they came to the city, they ordered from their favourite restaurants and got them delivered to the lobby. It had been a while since they were here last so it needed a bit of a clean, and some windows cracked open to move the air around a little.
Jon knew Cori's habits like the back of his hand and he knew she was trying to process by cleaning. He left her to go check on the kids, all the girls were in their rooms, and Hunter and Nico were gaming: he would ask to join but he knew they would just get annoyed that he couldn't play as fast as them.

So, he went to his office and made a few phone calls, he called the children's school and clubs to let them know they wouldn't be there this week. The older kids kinda had an idea about what was going on, but the couple chose to keep it from the younger ones, just they were getting a vacation to the city and not going to school was all they were excited about.

Jon called the police sheriff to see what updates there were. Unfortunately, there had been no new developments and he was nowhere to be found. When Jon rang Rob he asked if he could have more guys inside all the buildings on both properties and also a couple of guys hiding in their wives' office. Rob and the local Sheriff had been liaising and working together to find this fucking maniac.
Jon sat back in his chair after his phone calls and looked out the giant windows behind him. He breathed a deep sigh, wiping his hand down over his face, wondering how the hell they got here.
He knew Cori would be busy for a while yet, so he decided to curl up on his sofa and have a quick nap, he's barely been sleeping these last few nights since it all went down.

Cori had finished pretty quickly since this place was smaller and had less stuff than their main home, she had their dinner in the oven and went to go find Jon, he was still asleep on the couch, so she covered him with a blanket and went to go have a shower and freshen up a little.
Once she was freshened up, she went and set up the table on the big balcony for them to eat at, she loved this balcony because it had unobstructed views of the sunset every night, they chose this place for that being one of the reasons, and the fact that they had complete privacy and protection from neighbours and unwanted people, they did have security guys set up in the families apartment. They all gathered for dinner and to have some nice family time, no tech, no quarrels, just each other.

They had made plans for the next day, they were going to go shopping with the kids and treat them. Cori and Jon had given them $150 each and that was their lot and the kids knew it, they had brought the children up to understand money and that it had to be earned, except in special circumstances like today, they wanted to teach the children to budget and work out before they got to the till to make sure they had enough money.