WHAT DO YOU MEAN "HAVE ME MET?"

*RINNNG*

"Oh, that's the lunch bell!" The teacher said as she closed her textbook. She looked towards the class, "I expect the lot of you to return to class before 1:30. We will go over a few things, and we'll be done for the rest of the day."

After the announcement, the students all left the classroom in a hurried fashion. You'd expect that from everyone, but three students stayed in the classroom longer than everyone else.

The first one who stayed was Malcolm. He had stayed because he wasn't in a hurry in the first place, and because (Name) didn't leave either.

Speaking of which, the second one to stay was (Name). He didn't seem like he was in a hurry either, packing up his things in his bag.

And the last to stay was Terrance. He was here because....wait, why was Terrance here.

"Hey!" Terrance smiled as he walked over to (Name's) desk.

(Name) looked at him with a bland expression, "Hello." He greeted dismissively, focused more on putting his things back in his backpack.

"My name's Terrance, and you're (Name)?" Terrance sat on the seat in front of (Name), facing the (h/c) haired male entirely.

To answer Terrance's question, (Name) gave the male a small nod.

Terrance snickered, "Well, it's nice to meet you, and welcome to our school. How long have you been in Japan?"

"More than a decade." The boy answered. His answers were so straightforward, making it clear that he wants this conversation to be over as soon as possible.

"Ah, I see." Terrance chuckled.

"Hey, I have an idea. Why don't come with us to lunch, eh? I've heard there was this nice place around the corner." Terrance leaned forward slightly, a grin prominent on his face.

"Us?" (Name) quirked a brow.

"Oh, yeah! I did leave the detail out, didn't I?" Terrance chuckled. "Would you like to come with me and my friend Malcolm to have lunch? I'm sure Malcolm would love to have you with us." Terrance pointed back at Malcolm, who glared back at him with irritation.

"What the hell, Terrance?!" Malcolm yelled out.

"What?" Terrance shrugged, having a smug grin. "I'm only trying to make friends. It's really hard to do, y'know?"

(Name) looked at Malcolm, and the delinquent looked at him as well. They stared at each other in silence.

"Have we...met before?" The long haired male asked the delinquent.

"Well—"

There was a knock at the door, putting a pause to the upcoming awkward conversation. A person made their way into the room after the knock on the door.