lies [2]

mick and wren come back to their table after their conversation together. wren sit back at his seat which in front of skyler and look at skyler who is looking at him too with his arms folded on his chests.

"i am sorry, i didn't mean to talk to you like that but it's just i don't know you so, you know, well i am sorry" wren.

skyler stare at wren and frowning then he look at polly and mick then look back at wren who still looking at him with sad eyes. skyler sigh then reach out his right hand asking wren to have a handshakes together.

"me too, i am sorry wade, let's start over again. i am sky, skyler kenneth and i am practically your fiance, here look the ring you put on me" skyler.

wren received the handshakes and look at the ring that skyler show to him. he frowned, because he never saw that wade wore any ring before.

"when was i proposed to you again ?" wren.

"it was 4-5 months ago, around at the end of the month" skyler.

"i see, sorry i didn't know about it" wren.

wren said with an awkward smile on his face.

"so it was when wade got shot, probably the same day he died that's why i never saw the ring. but why i don't receive any ring from the hospital or police ?" wren thought.

"now let's continue our dinner can we ?" polly.

.
.
.
.

the next morning, wren wake up early to go to wade's clothing store as he promised to polly to take care of it when he gets better. he put on white plain shirts with nude cream pants then put on a mocha color cardigan as the outer. he tied his long hair that almost reach his shoulder to the back and put on a small black hair clip to keep his pony hair from getting into his vision.

he look at himself at the mirror and give a twirl, he likes it, that is how he always wears then he smile brightly.

"it's been a long time since put this kind of things on, i love it" wren.

after he satisfied with his look he take off everything he put on just now then take out wade's outfit from wade's wardrobe. he put on the blueblack shirt with white pants and belt then pick up a stripes tie and put it on then he pull a drawer and it reveals a few bottles of perfume that wade always put on.

mick who is peeking on wren just smile plainly, he knows that his idea about getting wren acting to be wade is wrong but this is the only way for them for the time being until he come up with idea how to tell skyler about wade. skyler may looks tough at the outside but he is more fragile than wren in the inside.

even when wade disappeared on him after the proposed, skyler going crazy and almost got into blacklist of actor because his mind is not in a good state.

"are you ready pretty ?" mick.

wren turned around and smile.

"i am, let's go" wren.

"i am sorry you need to do this but i promise it's just for a while until i find a way to tell sky okay ? hang in there" mick.

"you better be fast, you know how different me and wade are. someone that close to wade such as sky will find this out real soon if you don't move fast" wren.

"no worries all you need to do is to put your trust on me" mick.

.
.
.
.

as soon as mick send off wren at wade's store, there is someone in all black with a cap and a mask covering their face standing in from of the front door. wren slowly walk to the store while carefully eyeing the person that standing at the front of the store.

"excuse me, can i know what is your business here ? since you know the store isn't open yet so....?" wren.

that person pull down their mask and reveals their face to wren.

"it's me, come on open up the door. we need to talk, and now we are alone right ? why not get things into the right place shall we ?" skyler.

"what do you mean ? i thought we are clear" wren.

"we are not, now open up" skyler.

wren sigh then unlock the door and walk inside and skyler follow him from behind and close the door. skyler take off his cap and mask then sit at a small wooden chair near the cashier counter.

"what do you what to talk about ?" wren.

wren said as he doing his work for opening the store since it's almost the opening time.

"who are you ?" skyler.

wren stop his moves when he heard the question from skyler, his back is facing skyler right now so skyler can't see his expression. he gulps then turned around to face skyler even his heart beating like crazy. his brain keep on spinning for excuses and answers for any questions from skyler right now.

"i am wade, what do you mean ?" wren.

"yeah ? you think ? well i don't, just tell me who are you then i won't be mad i promise" skyler.

" i told you i am wade, wade odyn, did my face looks different ? i don't think so" wren.

"yeah right, but you are definitely a different person. because the wade i know don't like keep his hair long, not wearing a platform loafers what with the hair clips at your pony ? that is so not you" skyler.

wren immediately touch his hair and feel that the hair clipper is still there then curse to himself in his mind.

"how can i forgot to take this off ?" wren thought.

he clear his throat then look back at skyler with confident expression.

"ju- just trying a new style and one more thing my hair getting longer and i don't want it to get into my vision so i clip it" wren.

"yeah ? you can just cut your hair right ?" skyler.

"no i am not doing that" wren.

"why not ? you hate long hair it makes you feel uncomfortable" skyler.

"no i love it so i can style it" wren.

"since when ?" skyler.

skyler frowned make wren realize what he just said. he bites his inner cheek then sighed loudly.

"i got work to do now can you don't waste my time like this ? i told you i am wade and this is me now, face the reality, people change" wren.

wren said trying to end the conversation between him and skyler, because if he got more questions from skyler right now he will be doomed since he don't really good at keeping things secret.