chapter 3

The view of California from the plane window never fails to amaze me. You would think coming here for years it wouldn’t be that way, but I’m a sucker for the ocean and the beautiful sandy beaches. If we lived here you wouldn’t be able to keep me off the beach. The Piers are amazing. The people are so chill and I just get so mesmerized watching people surf. It’s too relaxing. I’m grateful that we decided to stay until Sunday which gives me a small window to go to the beach. I know I know. We live in Florida, plenty of beaches there but they don’t compare to the California Beaches.

We all exit the plane and head to baggage claim making sure we got everything. Thankfully the boys sent all of their racing stuff with the team rig so we had less bags to take.
While we gathered our bags our dad got the rental car around and we head to the hotel. I shoot Amber a text letting her know that we arrived. Thankfully they booked a room at the same hotel as us, a majority of riders and their families did as it is within walking distance to the stadium.
I look out the window of our room and I can already see the team rigs lining the parking lot getting everything set up for practice rounds taking place tomorrow as well as the fan fest.

I stand there thinking about tomorrow over and over in my mind. My nerves are starting to get the better of me. I have not seen anyone in 4 years. Things have changed, people change, I’ve changed. I didn’t know Kenny was on a new team. My dad was his mechanic for so long that’s how we became such good friends. I’m nervous for seeing everyone and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous about seeing Chase. I’m not sure when I’ll get to see him but I know it’s going to happen.

Amber sends me a text saying that we have dinner reservations at 6pm with Kenny and Courtney.

I unpack as much as I can before my mom asks me to go shopping with her. I’m not much of a shopper but I will take the opportunity to get out of this hotel room. I gram my camera and throw it around my neck before heading down to the lobby with my mom. I never pass up an opportunity to snap some pictures. That’s what I was in England for. I attended the university of Cambridge, one of the highly recommended colleges for photography. I have quite the portfolio started but I have yet to land a job.

After spending the early afternoon with my mom wondering around Anaheim we finally head back to the hotel giving me just enough time to get ready for dinner tonight.

Once ready I head down to the lobby. We all decided to meet here at the hotel and walk together. As soon as I walk out of the elevator I hear my name shouted in excitement

“MAISIE” I see Kenny coming towards me with his arms wide open wrapping me into a hug

“Kenny” I smile and give him a hug back.

“How have you been? We’ve missed you”

“I’ve been good. I have definitely missed you guys” I smile and walk over to courtney giving her a hug as well

“It’s good to see you Maisie. It’s nice to have someone else to endure race weekends with” she smiles and we all start heading to the door.

Dinner was fantastic. I have not laughed this much in so long. When you get Kenny and Justin together they are always so comical. I found out Kenny and Courtney had recently gotten engaged which is so exciting. I remember when they first started dating Kenny came to me for advice for their first date and different things girls like. It was so cute. I could only hope that if I have another relationship in the future that it is like theirs. Justin and Amber’s as well. Cupid couldn’t have made a better match than he did with those two.

After having a few drinks and eating some delicious food we all decide to head back as the boys have an early morning with practice rounds and fan fest.