Chapter 10: Doctor's Visit

Kris left the shower and took a look into the foggy mirror. She examined her hair, noticing the blonde had reappeared on the inside of her hair,"Huh..". She played with it, smiling as she noticed how clean her face looked. Rose's words appeared in her mind.

"You're far too pretty to be covered in dirt."

Kris examined her figure, she was skinny, but she somewhat saw where Rose was coming from. She looked at her shoulder again. The bleeding had slowed and the hole was a little smaller, but it still hadn't properly healed, not to mention the damage to her bones. Kris sighed and looked in the cabinet underneath the sink. A mini first aid kit was inside, which she grabbed with her good arm. She placed it on the counter and opened it, looking through the contents and noticing the bandage wrap inside. She grabbed the bandages and opened them, carefully wrapping them around her shoulder as she made small strained noises through the process. When she was finished, Kris walked out and went to the dresser by her bed.

'Rose said there were clothes in here.'.

She opened the drawer and noticed a folded light gray shirt and black pants, in addition to the necessities. She looked back at her old clothes that were in the corner, cringing at the holes and dirt on them. "Let's hope these fit...". She took the clothes out and laid them on the bed, taking a step back to examine them. The shirt turned out to be a long sleeve compression shirt and the pants were sweats.

She shrugged, "Good enough."

As she finished failing to get the shirt on without hurting herself more, Kris heard a knock on the door. She walked over to the door and looked through the peephole, seeing Indigo looking around awkwardly with a box in their hand. She cracked open the door and peeked outside, "Um...Can I help you?". Indigo gave an embarrassed look,"Oh, did you just get out of the shower?". Kris shook her head,"Um, no. Did you need something?". They smiled and held up the box, "Can I join you for lunch?".

"I-I don't...have any-"

Indigo gestured to the box,"I think you do."

"Oh, well um.." Kris opened the door,"Come in, I guess.". Indigo thanked her and walked inside, looking around the room,"Hm...It suits you.". Kris tilted her head, "It does?". They nodded, "The colors are muted, you don't seem like you like things too loud...". Kris followed close behind, "I guess not..". Indigo went into her closet and pointed at the folded table inside,"You mind opening this for me? My hands are full and I'd rather not eat on your new bed.". "Oh, uh, sure!" Kris said, hurrying over. "How'd you know this was in the closet anyway?".Kris asked as she pulled the table out and began to set it up at the foot of her bed."Hm? Oh, I designed this room." Indigo answered. Kris paused and stared at them in confusion, "Um...". They noticed her confusion and laughed a bit, "No, No. Not this room specifically.". They walked over to kris and placed the box on the table. Kris noticed the hot smoke coming from it in awe. When was the last time she genuinely had a hot meal? She didn't quite remember. Turning back to Indigo, she noticed they were talking about something. "It'd be really time consuming to design a new room structure for every room. So we settled on 3 room types that we rotate every time we make a new room.". Kris nodded, "Huh, I guess that makes sense..".

Indigo nodded,"Mhm! In any case, I'm sure you must be hungry." They opened the box and pulled out two cardboard food containers,"So...we cooked some of that paratana you killed this evening. Chloe and I decided it wouldn't be fair to not let the one who brought it in have some." They said, handing Kris a box. She took it, immediately feeling the heat transfer over to her hands. As she put it down on the table, she noticed Indigo going through the box again to pull out two black thermos flasks and two packs of wooden utensils. The first thermos was decorated with stickers of various animals, both from the modern and human era; the other was blank. They handed her the blank flask and smiled, "And, since you're a resident of Tantu, you get your own water bottle!".