Chapter 3, Love affair

"𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐝

𝐈 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐩"

You found yourself seated on the edge of your squeaky bed, pondering on and on about the call you just had with Paulie, one in which you said words you had never heard coming from your mouth, even taking yourself by surprise.

A huge part of you was still in denial about the important things the two of you had decided on, and still didn't agree with the final call. Though you knew this would be best for the film, letting someone who absolutely broke you that close into your life felt like losing an unspoken bet that had been going on for the past four years.

It felt like losing a match after what had seemed like an eternal tie. It felt like handing them a trophy, and allowing them to rub take all the progress you had made in the past years and crush it right in between their fingers.

The fact that it was closing up to midnight didn't help, since you knew this call would haunt you in whatever dream you were going to have the second you fell asleep, and that was only if your mind allowed you to drift away, which you strongly doubted it would.

Though the rest of the casting was all so close to perfect, that didn't take away from the fact that you would have to be working with someone who could only be described as a stranger to you know, because you had not heard a single word from them since school ended, something that still bothered you to this day.

Paula had spent at least fifteen minutes convincing you over the phone, telling you that casting an already well respected actor would really help get your story out there. And in the end, that was enough for you to hesitantly agree, giving in to the thoughts you had been fighting for almost half a decade.

Instead of calling Bella yourself to tell them the news like you had done with the rest of the cast, you managed to make Paulie do this for you. A huge part of you didn't want to show them you were somewhat scared to cross paths with them again, but every ounce of confidence you had seemed to tumble down every time you faced them.

It was like Bella's eyes had an unknown spell in them, causing for you to want to give in and surrender immediately. This was obviously not going to happen, but you knew that if you were going to work with them, there was still a lot of work that had to be done.

As you got up from your bed, you walked over to the small, uncomfortable couch, getting a hold of the blanket that had been resting on it. Even though winter was slowly saying its goodbyes, it was still unbearably cold inside of your apartment.

Since a regular air conditioner went above your paycheck, you had to make do with the items you already owned. As you closed your eyes, you couldn't help but wonder if the short film would singlehandedly get you out of this place.