Chapter 2

Nanon's pov:

Dragging myself through the school hallway, I felt drained after a week of non-stop studying. The upcoming math competition was my chance to shine as a new student.

I spotted a familiar motorcycle guy chatting with a friend. They seemed close, but I couldn't help but wonder about their friendship.

"OUCH," I exclaimed as I bumped into something, startled out of my thoughts.

Chimon, my ever-energetic friend.

Chimon: Hey, dimples! Are you excited?

Nanon: You scared the shit out of me! And yes, I am,

Chimon's presence always lifted my spirits. As we bantered, my gaze kept drifting back to the motorcycle guy. Chimon sensed my curiosity and jumped in.

Chimon: No, no, no! Don't tell me you have any interest in Perth!

Nanon: Perth?

Chimon: Yes, he's the guy next to Ohm, they're best friends!

Nanon: Ohm?

Now I was confused who was who?

Chimon: gezz, you're a week here and you haven't heard about Ohm? Well, Ohm is the boy with the fierce eyes. And Perth is the man standing on the right. He's handsome, isn't he? BUT HE'S MINE! Well, not yet, but I'll confess soon.

Nanon: Wait, you love him?

Chimon: Yes, so don't steal him from me!

Nanon: Haha, don't worry. I wasn't showing any interest towards your future boyfriend.

Chimon: Wait, so you're interested in OHM? NO! No! No!

Chimon: He's the worst ever. He runs some sort of group that targets unsuspecting victims... and if you ever become one, he'll make your life a living hell.

Nanon: But why?

Chimon: We don't know... but what we do know is that he's a perfectionist. Always striving to impress his family, especially his dad. His grades are impeccable, and he's the teachers' favorite, which conveniently blinds them to his darker side.

I couldn't shake off the unsettling feeling Chimon's words left me with.

Chimon: He'll also be competing in the math competition, so try not to outshine him. Although, it's easier said than done, considering he's a real brainiac.

Nanon: I'll try not to. Well, I should get going. Wish me luck.

Chimon: Of course, best buddy!

Ohm's pov:

As I made my way to the competition venue, my eyes locked with Perth's.

Perth: Ohm? Haven't seen you in a while. Aren't you a bit early?

Perth, my best friend and older cousin, also happened to be the school president.

Ohm: I'm here for the competition. Weren't you aware?

Perth: Ah, of course. Showing off to your dad, as usual?

Ohm: shut up.

Perth: Huh? New dude?

Perth's attention shifted to someone behind me.

Ohm: Him? Don't know.

Perth: He's cute

I raised an eyebrow.

Ohm: Aren't you in a relationship with Luke?

Perth: Broked up