Chapter 3

Chimon scoured every corner but
Nanon was nowhere to be found.

"Nanon, where did you go?" he wondered aloud, beginning to ask others if they'd seen him.

Chimon: Hey, have you seen the new student?

11th grader: The guy you're always with? No, sorry, haven't seen him today

Blue overheard the conversation and intervened, asking if Chimon had lost his friend.

Chimon: No, he lost me! How could he disappear without a word?
Blue: Calm down, maybe he had plans.

Chimon: He would've told me. Blue, can you help me search for him? If we don't find him at school, I'll lose it.

Blue: Sure, I'll look outside, you check inside.
Blue agreed before they split up.

Outside, Blue's intuition grew uneasy, and soon he found Nanon struggling to catch his breath, clearly in the throes of a panic attack.

With his understanding of therapy, Blue coached Nanon through calming breaths until he steadied.

Blue: You okay?
Nanon seemed better.

Nanon: Blue, please, let's get out of here.
Nanon implored urgently.

Blue: Okay, Chimon's inside looking for you.

Blue informed him, but Nanon insisted they leave immediately.

Blue took Nanon's hand, guiding him to his car, hoping to avoid attention as they left for somewhere quieter..

They stopped at a quiet beach, admiring its peacefulness. Nanon wondered why such a nice place wasn't more popular.

Blue: I really like you, as a friend.
"Huh?" Nanon was surprised.

Blue: You've caught my attention this week, especially today.
Blue explained, chuckling.

Nanon: Yeah, today has been something,
Nanon agreed, laughing a little.

Blue: I know you don't want to talk about what happened, but I'm here for you.

Nanon: You scare me.
"Why?" Blue laughed

Nanon: Don't laugh! You suddenly being so nice is surprising.

Blue: Maybe it's fate.
Blue joked.

Nanon: Stop with that! Let's go, I need to get home.

Blue: But seriously, are you okay? You can always talk to me. My mom's a therapist.

Nanon: Interesting. And yeah, don't worry, I'm fine.

They drove home, and Nanon thanked Blue before heading inside to Aunt Kwang's comforting arms.

"Are you okay, baby?" Aunt Kwang asked.

"Kinda," Nanon replied, not sure how to explain everything just yet.
...............

Nanon thought a lot about what happened, but he knew he'd do it again. He couldn't stand by while they humiliated a younger girl, even if he might become their next target.

He felt grateful for friends like Chimon and Blue, and for his small family with Milk and Aunt Kwang. Smiling at their shared experiences, he entered class.

Chimon interrupted his thoughts by jumping on him.
Chimon: Are you playing hide and seek? Where were you, you idiot?

Nanon: Shh! I'll tell you later, I promise.

The class resumed, and during the break, the teacher informed Nanon about the math competition results.

Teacher: After the break, go to room 134. The results are there.

During the break, Nanon made up a story to Chimon about getting lost trying to find the art class yesterday. Though Chimon seemed skeptical, he didn't press further, for which Nanon was grateful.

Chimon: By the way, the results will be out today! When?

Nanon: After this break! I'll go check.

Chimon: Don't worry, I'm sure you did well enough to impress the teachers!

"I hope so," Nanon said, hoping his friend was right.
..........

Nanon's pov:

I entered the room and immediately saw that heartless Ohm. He looked at me with a dirty smirk. I hate him. I hate him...

We were all waiting for the director to announce the results.

Director: Soo, ladies and gentlemen! I'll present you your results. And I must say I'm slightly shocked! I didn't know that my school was filled with geniuses! But well, with students like Ohm, it's obvious that we got good results and many points! But not only Ohm impressed me today!

Ohm's smile faded upon realizing he wasn't the only impressive one. What a selfish act. I really can't stand him. Is this hate? I haven't felt this since my uncle disappeared.

Director: Before I start giving the top three students their reward, I must say that you all did a great job! Don't forget that!

Now I was nervous. I thought there was only one reward, so maybe I'll get the third?

Director: Third place! Tu Tontawan!

Never mind, I guess I didn't even make it to third.

Director: Now for the second place! It was obvious that this student would appear in one of those three, so please, Ohm Pawat, get your reward!

What... He wasn't first?

I glanced in his direction and saw he was furious. I feel sorry for the first place... May God protect him.

Director: And! The first place, and wow, I'm so proud! Nanon Korapat!

No... way.

Warning...⚠️ violence.

I didn't dare to look into his eyes.
As the meeting ended, I rushed back to class. Before I could reach safety, I was blindfolded and someone covered my mouth. I knew it was Ohm's doing, and I feared for my life, but I had hoped to escape for today.

When they removed the blindfold, saw his group again. I felt disgusted as Ohm's eyes glared at me, slightly red.

Ohm: F***ing bitch, dare to be better than me?!
Didn't you hear me clearly yesterday? I gave you a warning, and the next day you dare to be better? Huh?

I tried to speak, to explain, but my words wouldn't come out.

SLAP!

I winced in pain.

Another slap followed, then another, and another. I couldn't feel my face anymore. I just wanted to go home. Tears streamed down my face as I remembered how happy I was when I first entered this school.

Neo: And what do you guys think is better, huh? Cigarette or maybe hot water?

Mark: Hahaha, good idea!

Drake: still remember that boy, what was his name? We burnt him with an iron.

Ohm: Oh yeah, his name was Lego. We did it because he couldn't accept the fact that I used his body for my own pleasure.

Mark: He thought you loved him! Mark added, joining in the cruel laughter.

I felt dizzy. Burnt with an iron?
Lego? What is going on...

................................
Words: 1030

I actually thought I wouldn't write today but I woke up too early stressing over my exam I have today. But at least I could write this chapter! Even though it's not a cute one.

Have a nice day and don't forget to eat! See ya soon! 💋