Chapter 12

Nanon's pov:

I trudged home, my mind swirling with the chaos of the day. Blue had been furious with me for not letting Ohm go. "He's right." I muttered to myself. "If I do, that bully group will leave me alone."

But I couldn't. Something anchored me to Ohm, something I couldn't shake off. He wasn't like that group.

He's gentle, kind-hearted, even if he didn't show it. I knew, deep down, that he was special. I felt it as clearly as the steps I took towards home.

"Ohm is special," I thought, my resolve strengthening as I reached the front door.

Nanon: I'm back.

"Nanon!" Aunt Kwang's voice was filled with worry.
Aunt: Your school called, are you okay, baby?

Nanon: Yes, Aunt, please don't worry.

Aunt: Show me.

Nanon: What?

"Show me!" Her voice trembled with urgency.

I knew what she wanted. Reluctantly, I peeled back the bandages from my legs, revealing the angry burn marks. Her eyes filled with tears, then hardened with a fierce protectiveness.

Aunt: Nanon, if I ever see you with him...

Nanon: It wasn't him! Ohm saved me!

Aunt: But it's because of him, isn't it?

Nanon: Please, Aunt, leave Ohm out of this, okay?

Aunt: Why? Why are you protecting that boy, huh? WHY?

Nanon: MAYBE.... because I like him!

Aunt: What...

Nanon: Maybe I like him, Aunt. I don't know... I've never experienced love or felt love. I'm a coward, aren't I?

I broke down, collapsing to the ground as the weight of my emotions crashed over me.

Aunt: No! Don't ever say that! You are my baby... you are my baby.
she whispered fiercely, pulling me into a tight embrace.

......

We sat on the balcony, the night air cool against our skin. I poured out my heart, recounting the feelings that had blossomed since the party.

Aunt: Maybe this isn't love, honey. Maybe you just feel sorry for him.

Nanon: I did at first, but it can't be just that. My heart aches when he ignores me, Aunt. I just don't know.

Aunt: I don't think you love him, baby. Just be careful. Don't let him break your heart.

"But how does love feel?"

Aunt: Now you're asking the wrong person. I mean, I fell in love with your uncle..

Nanon: Oh... yeah, right. I'm sorry.

Aunt: No, I'm sorry for bringing him up again. Come on, get to bed. You need to rest. And you're not going to school tomorrow.

"But—"

Aunt: No buts! You'll rest.

I gave up and went to my bedroom, but my thoughts refused to settle. They drifted back to that fierce boy. If it's not love, then what is it?

........
Ohm's pov:

I was in our garden, sitting on a bench with my grandpa, the sun casting a golden hue over the blooming flowers. After recounting the madness of the day, he looked at me with a proud smile.

Ohm: I wanna kill them so bad, Grandpa.
I fumed, my blood boiling with unresolved anger.

Pee Yai: Hey... I'm so proud of you.

"Hm?" I raised an eyebrow, confused by his reaction.

Pee Yai: You're getting better and better. How come? Wait... are you smiling?

I hadn't realized it, but my thoughts had wandered to Nanon and his dimples. The realization struck me hard..perhaps he was the reason I was distancing myself from trouble.

"Ahh, I get it," Pee Yai said knowingly.

Ohm: What?

Pee Yai: You're in love, my boy. This person must have changed you.

"What... uhm... no way!" I stammered, feeling my cheeks heat up.

Grandpa started laughing, holding a hand over his heart. Pee Yai: Oh Ohm, you're acting like a kid. Now tell me, who is it?

Ohm: No... I won't tell you.

Pee Yai: Why not?

Ohm: Because I'm not sure, Grandpa. I want to protect him, cherish him, but is it love?

Pee Yai: Ahh... so it's Nanon.

..........

Pee Yai: I'm right, aren't I? I knew it. Look, son, I already knew when you came running to us asking for permission to take care of your boy. That was at the Gratulation party. You remember right?

"Is it that obvious?"

Pee Yai: And how! Look, he's a kind person. He looks pretty, and most importantly, your heart belongs to him. So go and confess.

Ohm: But... what if he rejects me?

Pee Yai: If he does, then stay as his friend.

Ohm: I don't think I can do that, Grandpa. Imagine seeing him with that Blue guy! He flirts with him all the time, and Nanon doesn't even realize it.

Pee Yai: Blue? Pongtiwat's son? Oh, well, this is surprising.

Ohm: I'll confess, Grandpa. I'll confess... Thank you for being by my side.

I kissed Grandpa on the cheek and went inside, my heart racing with thoughts of Nanon and the hope that maybe, just maybe, he felt the same way....

.........

I woke up to the gentle caress of sunlight filtering through my window. As I stretched and yawned, excitement bubbled within me. Today was the day.

"Hmm, what should I wear?" I muttered, rifling through my wardrobe. "Maybe that shirt with black jeans..."

Feeling indecisive, I ran to Love's room for fashion advice. She took one look at me, rolled her eyes, and picked out the perfect outfit.

Ohm: Thanks, Love!

I called out as I dressed as quickly as I could. With a last glance in the mirror, I dashed upstairs, grabbed an orange, and headed to my motorcycle.

"Wait for me, dimples!" I thought with a grin.

...

When I arrived at school, Chimon intercepted me, bouncing with excitement.

Ohm: Hey, Chimon! Where's Nanon?

"He's at home today"
Chimon said, his eyes wide with curiosity.

Perth, unable to contain himself, blurted out.
Perth: He wanted to confess on the rooftop.

"AYY, PERTH!" I slapped him playfully on the head, making him chuckle. Chimon started jumping like a kid on a sugar rush.

Chimon: OMGGGG AHHHHH FINALLY MY SHIP IS GOING TO BE REAL!

Perth wrapped his arms around Chimon to calm him down.
Perth: Darling, please, everyone is looking at us.

Watching them, I couldn't help but smile. Perth and Chimon were perfect together, and I hoped that soon, Nanon and I would be just like them.

But my smile faltered when I noticed Blue glaring at me from across the courtyard, as if I had committed some unforgivable sin. I shrugged it off. Nothing could ruin this day.

—————————-
Words: 1070

Our Ohm is about to confess! Get ready for what could be the best confession ever—or maybe the worst? I won't spoil it for you.

Stay healthy and don't forget to eat!

See ya!💋