Body Backgrounds

So, what is it that makes me despise cancel culture so much?

Well, allow me to explain why.

The Renaissance was a time of great change in medieval Europe. The Black Death and the Crusades/Holy Wars had just ended, and people were beginning to lose their faith in God (although be aware that at the time almost everyone was a Christian and God was still heavily respected). This then lead to people having beliefs that opposed the religious teachings of the time. Everyone, no matter their economic position, could have the chance to be educated and learn how to read and write. People began to explore something called "humanism", which is where they learned about the natural emotions/feelings that humans will experience at some point.

What does that have to do with cancel culture? You may ask.

Just think about it. If medieval society continued to just follow what the Church said, and didn't learn about the sciences and didn't learn how to read and write, do you think that our present day society will be as advanced? The answer is NO! Our world would've been very underdeveloped.

What I'm trying to say is that if we don't hear a diverse amount of perspectives, we will never grow and we will not know how to be empathetic at all.