Look Me In The Heart - Pt. 2

~~~

Her blood pounded in her ears as Y/n tried to process what was being asked of her. If she weren't already three Quinn drinks in, she'd have been okay with what was going to happen. But she and Sam were both under the influence and she did not trust herself not to try and touch the other woman. Of course with consent, but the way Sam was peering at her with a fierce look, something told her that Sam was ready for anything.

"What?"

Mindy folded her arms over her chest, smirking proudly. "You heard me."

Y/n glanced over to where Danny sat. He met her gaze and offered her a small smile before nodding his head at her. It was him saying that it was okay. She wasn't sure why she needed his approval but now that she got it, the woman was up and turning to the elder Carpenter sister.

"Come on then, Sammy." she says, trying to find her confidence but failing miserably as she walks to the closest closet on shaky legs.

Samantha didn't need to be told twice. Standing up from her spot, the woman sauntered after Y/n. She waited a few inches behind the woman, her boots causing her to be a couple of inches or so taller. Y/n opened the closet door and stepped inside, she kept her back facing Sam. The girl in question shuts the door behind them, shrouding them in darkness.

"Alright girls! Your time starts now!" came Mindy's voice.

Y/n's lips parted, her breathing slowly passing through them as she tried to will her heart to settle down. But the tension in the small room and the way Sam loomed over her, she felt as if she were being trapped.

"Y/n..."

Even the way Sam said her name had the woman freaking out on the inside. She had dreamed of this moment, but not while they were well on their way to being drunk. And definitely not during a game of Truth or Dare/7 Minutes in heaven.

Sam had enough liquid courage to grab Y/n and spin her around, except she didn't want to scare the other woman off. She took a step forward just as Y/n spun around finally and closed the gap between them to press her lips on Sam's. She missed and instead kissed her chin.

"Oh shit. I am..so sorry."

Sam hums deep in her throat, her eyes adjusting in the darkness. It allows her to make out Y/n's silhouette. Her hands rise up so she can press her hands against Y/n's chest. Y/n gasps and stumbles back, Sam follows until the woman's back is pressed against a nearby wall.

"Sam?"

As the woman leans her face forward, Y/n can see some of Sam's hair falling over her shoulder as their eyes meet in the darkness. Her heart thumps against her chest and she's left breathless. Y/n could feel the tips of her fingers tingling while her arms rested at her sides.

"Just tell me to stop and I will." whispered Sam.

Stop? Y/n didn't want her to stop. She wanted this, but something felt wrong about it. Maybe because she felt guilty that she was getting exactly what she wanted while her friend sat outside. The same friend she proclaimed to help be his wingman. Just as her mind started to overthink everything, Sam surged forward and ceased all thoughts when her lips met Y/n's.

It was like a missing puzzle piece clicked into place. Every thought, may it be bad or good, they all didn't mean anything at that moment. Y/n let herself be swept up in everything that was Samantha Carpenter. The kiss was simple, just lips on lips. But then Sam got brave and slowly parted her lips against Y/n's. The other woman took the hint and let her mouth open for Sam, who casually peeks her tongue out and slides it over Y/n's bottom lip.