Look Me In The Heart

A/n: This is sort of a continuation of last chapter but also it's not. It can be a stand alone chapter. But it's in the same time frame and universe as this one.

This is also AU. No Ghostface. And set during scream 6. So Quinn and Ethan are actually good honest people who became friends with the core four.

~•~•~

"I will be taking this."

"Wha-? Quinn, no!"

The young college student spun around just as she held the captured device above her head. The owner standing close with her jaw dropped. Y/n had been sitting on the steps of the two story cabin they rented as Quinn walked by and noticed she was on her phone. When Quinn met her friend's gaze, they both engaged in a staring contest.

"You promised me, no phones all weekend."

"I know bu-"

Quinn pointed a finger at the woman to shut her up. "No 'buts', this phone will be off and in my duffle bag until sunday evening when we leave."

"At least let me finish my message." Y/n whines. Quinn rolls her eyes then tosses the phone back before crossing her arms.

"You have one minute."

Y/n was back to typing before Quinn could even finish her sentence.

That was the point of this little vacation. Quinn and Mindy had caught wind of the situation between Y/n and the younger Carpenter sister so they made it their mission to steer their friend in the right direction. With Tara and Chad going on a trip of their own, Mindy, Anika and Quinn decided it was time for Y/n to move on. So they came up with a plan to go camping for the end of summer vacation before everyone went back to classes.

Not to mention, Mindy was on a full blown cupid mission to try and get Sam and Y/n together by the end of the trip. Even when Sam didn't tell Mindy about her feelings for Y/n and vise versa, she was still an expert on lady loving. And she can see the 'fuck me' eyes a mile away. But of course the oblivious women had no idea what their friend's true intentions were.

"Alright, times up."

"And done." Y/n then handed the phone over to the awaited hand.

"Good," Quinn said. "Now, I'm going with Mindy to pick the girls up from the airport. You'll be here with the guys."

By guys, Quinn meant Ethan and Danny. Y/n wasn't sure why she didn't just go with them, but decided to stay anyway. Truth be told, she hadn't talked to Sam since she came over to her apartment and demanded answers. The older woman was giving her the space she never really asked for but appreciated anyhow. And now, thinking about seeing her after almost a week of no contact, it caused something to stir in the pit of her stomach.

"You really think that's a good idea?"

Quinn glanced over her shoulder to spot her brother trying to grab the bottom of a branch while Danny stood by, preparing a fire near the waterbank. Her head turned back so her eyes could shift to look into Y/n's as she sighed.

"Please, for the love of all that is unholy, don't let my brother get hurt. Danny I don't have to worry about, but Ethan?"

Y/n snorted. "yeah, I'll do my very best."

Quinn reached out and poked Y/n in the nose.

"I mean it."

That's when Mindy walked out.

"Let's get on the road, Quinnie! I wanna see my baby!" She turned to Y/n and grinned. Mindy wrapped her arms around Y/n's shoulders and gave her a hug before pulling away and joining Quinn at the bottom step.