Goodbye Home (Prologue)

~14 years ago~
~Kace POV~ (6 years old)
"Mom I'm going upstairs with Judis!" I yell to my mom as we run through the door and up to my room. It was strange this feeling... I think I might like Judis but he's a guy...

"So what you wanna do now?" Judis asks. "I have no idea..." I respond and jump onto my bed. He crawls up next to me and lays down too. We've been friends forever... Like ever since he moved into the house next door like 5 years ago.

I had my hand laying on the bed palm up and then Judis intertwines his fingers with mine. I look at him with surprise and he just smiles his adorable smile. He's about a year older than me but not entirely, I think it doesn't matter.

"You didn't pull away..?" Judis asks me, I smile and squeeze his hand. "Why would I, our hands fit together perfectly!" I say with a smile... I think I found my first love...

He turns over and looks at me with his big blue eyes. Next thing I know he puts his soft lips on mine. Just as he dose that my mom walks in and sees us kissing even though it was bad timing it was just a small like pec but she took it all wrong.

He pulled away and I look to the door to see my mom standing there, and my little brother Natsu peaking around the corner. "I-I'm s-sorry." Judis says looking at me then my mom with tears in his eyes and runs out of my room. I see Natsu grab his wrist and run out with him.

"W-what was that Kace!" My mom yelled at me. "I-I don't know." I say my face blank, I touch my lips as I myself try to process what happened.

"Then how do you explain what I just saw." She says looking at me with anger in her eyes. "I DON'T KNOW!!!" I scream at her and push her aside and run to the door of the house.

Natsu, running in from outside, hugs my side and says to mom "MOMMY DON'T HURT HIM, he just loves Judis..." He has little tears in his eyes. She takes a deep breath, "Honey that's why he's going to have to go." She says sternly to him. Natsu starts crying and climbs up to my back.

"Let's run away with Judis, then you guys can be happy." He whispered into my ear. I run upstairs to my room with little Natsu still on my back.

I open the shades to my window revealing Judis's window across the way. Its open and I hear him crying. "Judis!!!" I yell through my window hoping he hears me. "Judis!!" Natsu yells too.

"What do you want Kace..." He looks out the window to me. "I-I want you to know that I love you and we need to go..." I half cry half yell to him. "Go? Go where Kace were only 6..." He sobs. "I-I don't know but I have a feeling I won't be living here much longer." I say tears forming in my eyes.

My mom is now standing in my room totally pissed. "Natsu come here." She says holding out a hand to Natsu but he hides behind me. "Natsu get over here now!" She now yells to him, he scrambles on my bed falls off and runs out the door; clearly afraid of what will happen next. I know I'm terrified.

~later that night~

"MOM YOU CAN'T KICK ME OUT OF THE HOUSE I'm only 6!" I scream while crying but slowly my voice fades away. My mom is kicking me out of my own home, wow I have the best parents. My dad came home and she told him what happened he couldn't even look at me. "Ok fine I'll go. but never speak of me to Natsu, surely he won't remember at such a young age so don't tell him anything about me. Gradually he will forget, which is better for him." I say trying not to cry, I need to be strong, for myself, and Natsu. I start to pack some things like clothes and I grab a picture frame of my family.

Looking towards my mom, I throw the frame on the floor shattering the glass, I pick up the picture and rip it in half. Me and my beloved brother on one side my wretched parents on the other. I drop the side with them on it and carry my stuff out the room. I glance at my moms face I can tell she's hurt but I don't care, she deserves to be. she's kicking her 6 year old son out of the house for kissing a boy! I guess she's got a point though. I walk downstairs to see my dad holding Natsu while he softly cries.

"Dad can I talk to Natsu," I say with no emotion, "since I'm going I want to say bye to my little brother." I say trying not to break my act I'm trying to be strong and like I don't care but on the inside its like I can feel my heart being stabbed a million times. "Hai, Baka" my dad mumbles angrily as he puts down Natsu. The small pinkette runs into my arms and I walk outside carrying him.

"Hey, don't cry it's gonna be ok. I may be leaving but I'll never forget you." I start to cry seeing as I'm out of the house and I'm with my brother. "Now go back inside and please don't be sad I'd hate to see that little smile of yours fade away." I laugh and pinch up his cheeks making him smile he giggles and smiles at me.

"Kace, your the best brother I could ever have I love you so much." he says starting to cry into my shoulder and grabbing my dark pink hair. I'm gonna hate to leave him stuck with these horrible people. I put Natsu down and open the door to the house, "I love you too Natsu I'll miss you so much." I kiss his forehead lightly as he tries to grab around my neck so I don't go. But I pull him off and leave him on the steps as I walk down the small path in front of our house.

My eyes stare at the house in front of me. Its Judis's. I need to tell him I'm leaving. I walk up to the door and knock. He opens the door I can see be his puffy eyes he hasn't stopped crying... He's so sensitive, me being the tough guy always stood up for him and protected him. "Hey Judis I'm here to say goodbye, unless you want to come with me... I'm leaving." I say scratching the back of my neck.

"Well... uhm... ya see.. I can't go with you I have to stay here, surprisingly my parents aren't as harsh and they just don't want me to see you any more but I guess that'll be easy seeing as to your leaving... where exactly are you going?" He says with hurt in his eyes. "I have no idea I'm thinking I'll just wander till I'm happy, but then again I'm only happy with you." I say, tears slip out my eyes as I pull him into a goodbye embrace he looks at me and kisses me again but this time a little longer. "I-I should probably go now." My face slightly turning pink, his is crimson he's so cute.

"I'm counting on you to be strong. I'm not going to be here to protect you any more, you need to learn how to fight, learn some magic, I think I'm gonna try that. Who knows maybe we'll see each other again in the future. I love you Judis." I kiss his forehead and hug him tightly. "I love you too Kace never forget me and I'll never forget you... promise?" He looks at me. "Promise." I say and start to walk away all I can hear is Judis's sobs coming from the porch.

Goodbye home.