Chapter 39

Y/n's pov:

After waiting for him for a long time, I decided to go to the basement myself to see the culprit. As I entered the basement, it was dark and gave off a sinister vibe. It felt like countless crimes had been committed there, and the echoes of screams lingered in the air. I noticed several dark rooms, all locked from the outside, with bodyguards stationed in front of each one.

Suddenly, one guard noticed me and said, "Your Highness, do you need something? You are not supposed to be here."

I asked him, "Could you please tell me where Jungkook is interrogating the culprit who stabbed me?"

He replied, "Ma'am, he is in the last room, but no one is allowed to go there."

Ignoring his warning, I stared him down until he moved out of my way. It was the first time I had asserted my authority as the queen of the palace. As I approached the room, I heard noise coming from inside. The door was slightly ajar, and I pushed it open slowly, only to be confronted with a scene that shocked me to my core.

The room was covered in blood stains, with guards standing around and Jungkook in the center, holding an iron rod and mercilessly beating the culprit. The man was so badly beaten that he could barely scream, his fear evident in his eyes. Jungkook's expression was cold and filled with a negative aura, his rage palpable.

Witnessing this scene traumatized me deeply. Tears filled my eyes as I watched Jungkook unleash his fury upon the helpless man. I had never seen this side of him before. He was utterly consumed by violence, and my body began to shake uncontrollably. I wanted to intervene, but the shock of the situation rendered me speechless.

Author's pov:
Y/N's heart was pounding as she stood in the midst of the chaos, trembling with fear but determined to speak out against the brutality she witnessed. Summoning all her courage, she shouted, "Jungkook, please stop!"

All eyes, including Jungkook's blazing with anger and frustration, turned towards her. The atmosphere in the basement was heavy with tension, and everyone present felt a wave of terror wash over them. Jungkook's rage intensified upon seeing Y/N's presence, his eyes becoming even more furious.

Gritting his teeth in an attempt to control his temper, Jungkook growled, "What the hell are you doing here?"

Y/N, undeterred by his anger, replied firmly, "I came to see who stabbed me, but instead, I find you torturing him as if he's the mastermind behind it all. You know he's just a pawn in someone else's game, so why are you treating him like this?"

Jungkook bristled at her interference, snapping, "Listen, Y/N, don't interfere. I can handle this my way."

As he moved to resume his assault, Y/N boldly grabbed his hand from behind, further enraging him. "What are you doing? Let go of my hand!" he shouted.

"I can't let you torture him like an animal. Just let him be. He's already injured enough," Y/N replied, her voice steady and unwavering.

Jungkook's frustration boiled over as he lashed out, "Why do you care so much? You're not even interested in the affairs of this mansion, and you don't consider it your home. Why are you involving yourself now? We've already decided to get divorced, so what more do you want?"

Y/N met his gaze head-on, her resolve unshaken. "We are not getting a divorce."

Jungkook's eyes widened in disbelief at her declaration. "So you want us to continue living together in this loveless relationship?" he demanded.

Taking a deep breath, Y/N spoke the words she had kept hidden for so long.
"There are feelings, Jungkook.
I love you, I really do love you from my heart."

The rod Jungkook had been holding slipped from his grasp as his heart raced like a bullet train. He was at a loss for words, unable to comprehend the sudden turn of events. The words he had longed to hear from Y/N's lips had finally been spoken, but he struggled to process the overwhelming rush of emotions flooding his heart and mind. Jungkook stood frozen, his mind racing as he grappled with Y/N's confession. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. His heart, which had been hardened by anger and resentment, now fluttered with a mixture of disbelief and hope. For so long, he had buried his own feelings, convinced that Y/N didn't reciprocate them. But her words shattered his assumptions and reignited a spark of longing within him.