02

AMARIS DEFINITELY WASN'T A MORNING PERSON.

She finally gave in and rubbed her face with barely clenched fists as she weakly attempted to open her eyes which exposed her to the blinding rays of sun that decorated the room

She finally gave in and rubbed her face with barely clenched fists as she weakly attempted to open her eyes which exposed her to the blinding rays of sun that decorated the room. She murmured under her breath and looked around her, her gaze exposed the girl to a silhouette of a person who was towering over her bed.

"I've been trying to wake you up for the past twenty minutes, Ams" Silena Beauregard's kind voice made it easier for her to figure out the identity of the mysterious individual.

"I'm sorry, you know that I'm not good with mornings, Sils" the girl's raspy morning voice echoed through the now empty room. "Where's everyone?" the girl asked before yawning.

"Breakfast. Come on, sleepyhead" The older girl chuckled and threw the Camp Half-blood shirt into the other girl's hands.

"Only seeing this hideous shade of orange makes me want to puke" Amaris complained while putting her effort into sitting up.

"You've got to wear it for a while now 'cause since i'm the head counselor of this cabin, some kids reported to me that they've seen you without it again," She paused "You've got to pray that they haven't told anybody else" The girl patted her on the shoulder before walking downstairs.

"Thanks for covering for me, I owe you" The younger girl yelled after her while throwing a bunch of pants from her drawer since she wasn't able to find any suitable ones.

"I'll be waiting outside" Silena's voice sounded muffled thanks to her already standing by the door.

Amaris seemed to have her outfit ready in about seven minutes, she chose a light grey hoodie on top of the orange shirt which she zipped up halfway through and light blue washed jeans with high white socks completing a pair of grey sneakers with white shoelaces.

She grabbed a pair of bow earrings that were laying on her nightstand and rushed down the stairs while putting them in her ears.

"I like what you did there" Silena started walking towards the dining pavilion once the other girl caught up. "Hm?" Amaris questioned, visibly confused about the topic.

"Cutting the neckline and making the shirt off-shoulder" she elaborated. "Oh, thank you!" the other girl smiled brightly. "I figured that it would make wearing it slightly more bearable" she added.

When the two girls arrived to the pavilion, nobody batted an eye on their late arrival. Invisible. Throughout the whole breakfast, Amaris couldn't keep her eyes from the cruel daughter of Ares. She for once didn't feel invisible at all in the bathroom yesterday evening. the brunette liked letting go of that draining feeling.

But today seemed like every other regular day before. Clarisse hasn't sensed her presence at all, their eyes haven't met even once. It was like their stupid little back to forth never occurred. The curly haired girl ignored her like the plague. Amaris felt foolish, she was the daughter of Aphrodite, yet she always found the feeling of affection where it didn't belong.

As she kept stealing short glances at the Ares' table, a few campers who were divided into tiny groups caught her eye. They were hunched over while whispering and looking suspiciously often at the confused girl. It was unusual for Ares' kids to even acknowledge the presence of Aphrodite's children, which made the whole situation even weirder.

Amaris decided to distract herself with a strawberry shortcake, her beloved dessert. Once she got up and walked towards the dessert table, the head counselor of the Hephaestus cabin stopped her. She'd seen him around but never actually spoken to him.

"You've lost your dessert privileges, don't you know?" he spoke calmly, yet doubtfully. "What? And nobody cared to maybe actually tell me?" The brunette glanced at the table and then back at the boy. "Maybe if you'd wear the assigned shirt..." his voice trailed off. He sure had a point, both of them knew that. She disliked how they made it into such a big deal, yet she decided to cooperate since this boy obviously hadn't invented the rule, so her steps aimed back towards cabin 10's table.

Amaris sat down, her mood being down once again. "What's up?" Silena asked while nudging the girl's shoulder. "No strawberry shortcake for me" she shrugged. "You've got to be more careful when you're breaking the rules next time" she stated with a kind smile playing on her lips as the younger girl nodded with agreement. "Want a taste of my chocolate cupcake?" She spoke again, sliding her dessert slightly towards the other girl. Amaris smiled genuinely, but refused.

After majority of campers finished eating, Chiron caught their attention with a few loud claps before anyone could walk back into their cabin. He was about to announce the teams to tonight's game.

Athena's, Apollo's, Hermes' and Aphrodite's cabins as team blue. Dionysus', Demeter's, Ares' and Hephaestus' cabins as team red. There were a lot of loud reactions to this pairing. Some campers weren't exactly delighted with their teams but there was nothing they could do apart from swearing under their breath.

Amaris was glad that she got teamed with majority of her friends, so she couldn't complain. This announcement made her feel slightly better about this day, maybe it wouldn't be as bad she expected it to be.

"Ugh, how are we supposed to win with these in our team" some of the unclaimed kids from Hermes' cabin spoke up. He was a tall, ginger haired boy with brown eyes. Amaris forced herself to let it slide, and remain quiet. "If we loose again, we know who to blame" he adds, referring to cabin 10 again, which earned him a glare from the girl. She was tired of hearing these comments every Friday.

"Let's see your skills in combat against the other team then, you must be perfect since you're such a loud mouth" the brunette stood up for her cabin. She needed to remain respectful so she wouldn't get her desert privileges taken again. The boy angrily glared at her but didn't say another word. Even if he did, chuckles from her half-siblings made it hard for her to care about the future consequences.

After returning back to Aphrodite's cabin, Amaris had plenty of time to do her skincare, but when the girl bent over to pick up her cleanser, she came across an unknown white box with a little pink bow on the side which was sitting on her nightstand.

She doubtfully examined it, but decided to peek inside. The little bow fell off in the process of opening it, even though she's been more gentle than ever. The daughter of Aphrodite carefully placed it on the nightstand beside the box.

Amaris opened it and inhaled a well-known scent which revealed to be a strawberry shortcake from the dessert table. She grabbed a fork which was laying beside the cake and started eating with no further thoughts or questions joyfully.

When the girl finished the cake, something at the bottom of the box that she hadn't noticed before caught her attention. It looked like a tiny note written on a piece of paper.

The brunette carefully picked it up and after several tries, thanks to her dyslexia which was common for demigods, she could finally decipher the words written on it.

'Thought you said that you didn't get dress-coded.'