05

PERCY CAUGHT AMARIS WALKING ALONE, WHICH MADE HIM JOIN HER.

"Well you look... happy" the boy said sarcastically which made her look at her new company. "Yeah I very much am, thanks for noticing" the girl smiled before looking away, assuming that he'll just walk past her. But he didn't share the same idea. "What happened?" He cluelessly asked. Amaris looked at him shortly, she wasn't in a mood for chitchats, yet she didn't have the heart to tell him to leave.

"Uh, just Clarisse, do you know her yet?" The girl's eyes wandered down as she tiredly sat on a stump nearby. "Yeah, that's when we first met, in the bathroom" he nodded. "Thanks for saving my butt back there" he sat next to her. "Mhm, yeah it's whatever, you pretty much saved yourself" she weakly smiled once again. "Hey if she's giving you a hard time," he started speaking but Amaris had to pause him. "No that's—" she made an attempt on explaining the whole thing, but he kept going. "You'd probably want to hear that I broke the... uhm the spear, yeah, that should teach her a lesson" he stated proudly.

Amaris' smile faded, her face went blank. "You...broke her spear?" She stood up. "Uh, yeah, that's a good thing, right?" He looked around with confusion. "No that's not a 'good thing'? That was a gift from her godly parent" her uplifting attitude turned into a glare in seconds. "Do you even know what that means?" The boy just stared at her speechlessly, he'd rather stay silent than say something with the risk of making the situation worse.

"I'd know, I've never even had the chance to get my godly gift but losing it must be devastating" all she could think about was how Clarisse must've felt, and how Amaris would've said completely different things during their previous conversation if she'd get to go back in time.

Percy's words snapped her out of her thoughts. "I'm— I didn't know that it was that important, I'm sorry," he started ranting after seconds of silence. The girl came to a realization about her sudden roller coaster of emotions that she let out on the blonde. "No, gosh, it's okay, calm down, I'm sorry for going off like that" she panicked and sat back down while rubbing her forehead intensely. The boy just wanted to chat and this is how she reacts? She was disappointed in herself. "This isn't a really good attempt at making friends, is it?" the boy sighed and the girl shook her head at her behavior, why was she being so tense? She thought to herself.

"How was the game, and what about Annabeth? She told me that you two were supposed to go together." Amaris tried to strike up a conversation to make the younger boy feel better about her outburst. "Yeah, well, she watched me get beat up and then pushed me into the water which made me get claimed" he frowned at the ridiculousness of the sentence.

The girl was quiet for a while, looking back and forth between the ground and Percy unsurely. "Your dad is...?" Amaris questioned, knowingly, yet she didn't want to say it out loud since the idea was sort of... unimaginable. "Yeah, Poseidon" he shrugged. "You're being so casual about it" the girl stated, there was no forbidden children in the camp, the only one who tried to get there was turned into a tree. "And Annabeth, you need to give her time, she'll warm up, eventually" the brunette gave him an advice about her friend. She knows how Beth is.

They talked for another half an hour, before parting their ways to get into their cabins. Amaris was lost in her mind, thinking about her actions, she felt so furious when she found out about Clarisse's spear for no apparent reason. She wasn't as rough on Percy, but her behavior was still uncalled for.

Her eyes stopped at the sight of a completely beaten up camper, a whole black eye was decorating his emotionless face, he had a large hoodie on which covered most of his body but it was obvious that his face wasn't the only part of his body that suffered. Amaris couldn't recognize his identity, but she could tell that it was a boy by the muscular and tall figure.

In a few seconds, the girl finally recognized the ginger hair and brown eyes which she saw not so long ago. When Arthur noticed her back, he looked away swiftly, walking away as fast as his weakened legs let him.

Amaris stood frozen in place, she was addled about the sudden change in the way he looked at her. Like she'd bury him alive. Or as if somebody else would.

She mindlessly barged through the door of the Ares' cabin. "Get me to Clarisse" she ordered to the first kid that she saw who was standing in a small group with two others. "And why would I do that?" The kid crossed his arms. "Don't you recognize her? That's the girl" One of the kids standing nearby pointed at Amaris with a chuckle, which made her furrow her eyebrows in confusion. Clarisse seemed to recognize Amaris' voice since she was by the door in seconds to stop the scene.

The daughter of Aphrodite rabbed the girl by her arm with no hesitation and dragged her out like an angry mom grasping on her naughty child. When they were far enough from the crowded places, the brunette turned to the curly haired girl.

"Thought that I had to stay away from you, Strawberry" The daughter of Ares teased with a  smug smile. "Do you know anything about Arthur's black eye? Please say that you've got nothing to do with it." She ignored her mockery words and demanded an answer. "Suitable, right?" Clarisse chuckled. "You could get into so much trouble because of that." The brunette exhaled with a worried tone.

"I don't care, he deserves even worse for what he did to you" the other girl said while staring deeply into Amaris' bright blue eyes. "His face went completely pale when he saw me" Amaris shook her head, but Clarisse on the other hand, smiled proudly.

"I made sure that he knew that if he'd ever even looked at you in the wrong way, it would not end with just one little black eye" with hearing these words, Amaris should feel anything but affection towards the girl that has just beaten up her bully, in fact, she shouldn't feel affection towards a girl at all. What Clarisse did to handle the issue was wrong, yet she couldn't stop herself from feeling drugged by such a comfortable feeling. Like she was under her protection.