03

AMARIS STARED AT THE NOTE WITH SHOCK.

The only person that came to mind was Clarisse, due to their idle chat which took a place in the bathroom last night

The only person that came to mind was Clarisse, due to their idle chat which took a place in the bathroom last night. However, it didn't sit right with Amaris, since the girl did nothing but ignored her throughout the whole breakfast. The daughter of Aphrodite slid the card into a tiny drawer which was hidden under her nightstand and started getting ready for the game.

She successfully finished doing her skincare and took off the grey hoodie since it wasn't as cold anymore so the brunette wouldn't need it no more. Her outfit remained the same down to that detail.

When all campers put their armor on and got their gear ready, the chosen teams stood on the opposite sides of the river. Amaris could feel someone glaring at her, when she swiftly looked around, her eyes stopped at the sight of the son of Hermes who had comments about her cabin in the pavilion.

She discovered his name, which was Arthur Miller by shortly addressing Annabeth before the start of the game. The daughter of Athena was concerned since Arthur didn't have a fine reputation in handling issues and only the fact that Amaris wasn't exactly the best fighter didn't help the situation.

The daughter of Aphrodite returned a short cold gaze before looking away from the boy. She had no interest in seeming intimidated. Annabeth who was about to explain their plan caught her attention instead. Campers from the blue team split into tiny groups which parted their ways after she described everyone's mission.

Amaris was paired with Luke Castellan, a girl from Athena's cabin, and an Apollo's kid. The group ran deeper into the forest with Luke himself in the lead. She wasn't a fan of the boy. Sometimes he seemed too full of himself which wasn't her favorite quality in people. Yet she still refused to cause any bad blood between them just because of her observations.

"Amaris, stay here on the lookout, us two," he pointed in between him and the girl from Athena's cabin. "No, hold on, we might need a healer" he changed his mind, implying for the Apollo kid to come as well. "You, on the lookout" he pointed at Amaris "You two, with me" he repeated the final decision.

No complains were said so the three headed out. Amaris walked around for a while, touching and admiring the breathtaking flowers as her mind was overtaking onto the fact that there was no need for a 'lookout' as they've said. She wasn't stupid. Their intentions to cover up the fact that she'd only be a burden on the way were almost obvious.

"Look who it is, the Aphrodite's girl making sure that we win the game" a recognizable voice resonated through the forest. The girl shot her head up. "And what exactly are you doing in the sake of our victory right now?" She followed Arthur's words.

That made the tall boy from Hermes' cabin furrow his brows. "Watch your mouth, harpy" he referred to her as an ugly half-human and half-bird from the greek mythology to get a reaction out of the girl. "That's rich coming from someone who looks like a 'before' picture" the brunette murmured under her breath.

He barged towards her, with creased forehead and tightened lips. Amaris stepped back but a tree blocked her way. "What did you say?" The boy pinned her to the tree trunk roughly while the girl's eyes were slightly widened. "Do you really want me to repeat it?" the girl grumbled, now almost shaking with fear.

The boy shook his head while lowering his voice "You're powerless, do you hear me? The only thing that you're good at is dressing up. I could literally kill you" His words soaked in acrimony. The girl's heart sank at the mention of killing. Thoughts started flowing in her mind, making it feel as if they've been tangled in knots, that if he'd really tried to harm her, he'd probably succeed. "You're not so bold anymore, huh?" Arthur gritted his teeth.

Amaris kept her mouth shut as her heart began racing, she now felt terrified of the older boy. The two of them were in a deep forest. Who'd hear her if she tried to call for help? Her chest was in pain, she felt like all the possible words were erased from existence. Then it hit her, she felt a sign of hope.

"Luke! Annabeth! Silena!?" Amaris shouted the names that came to her mind. Luke might be in the area and the two girls were one of the few who she'd trust with her life, as it seems. She'd probably add more, but the boy's hand covered her mouth almost immediately. "What the hell are you doing?" His face being crooked with anger.

Before the brunette could recuperate, his clenched fist met her forehead. She slid down a couple of centimeters because her head hit the tree trunk from behind, due to his strength. The girl's vision began to blur, her eyes repetitively opening and closing weakly.

"Shit, shit, wake up" The ginger's angry voice switched to desperate in the matter of seconds. He kneeled down to look at what he created. His eyes widened at the sight of a trickle of blood dripping from the back of the girl's head.

"Get away from her." A new voice sharply ordered through clenched teeth. Amaris had hoped that anyone from the people she called showed up. The daughter of Aphrodite turned in the person's direction with the power she had left to reveal their identity.

"I- I'm, this was an accident, I swear, I was just trying to teach her not to mess with me" the boy explained himself frantically. Amaris still tried to focus her eyes on the yet unknown silhouette. "Oh, yeah" the person nodded, the girl slowly began to recognize the face of her savior. Arthur's worried face expression faded. "I knew you'd understand, Clarisse" he sounded relieved.

"Mhm," Clarisse stepped closer towards him. "I mean, someone had to teach her a lesson" the ginger added, thinking they were both on the same page. Amaris groaned quietly. Clarisse shot her a swift look before continuing to walk closer to the boy. "She had it coming" he approved his words by a nod. When the curly haired girl got close enough, a punch landed right on his nose, making him stamp back as blood streamed from his nose in seconds.

"You, or any of your little pathetic friends dare to touch her again, and I'll cut both of your arms off while making sure that you get kicked out of this camp, understood?" she towered over the almost whining boy who was nodding for his life while holding onto his nose with already red hands. "Go away, say that you...tripped" the daughter of Ares spit out before letting the boy run away. She had her priorities set.

Clarisse kneeled down to face the brunette who was holding onto her upper face. "Are you okay?" She asked softly as her hand reached towards the girl's forehead with a hint of worry in her voice. The daughter of Aphrodite was so weakened that her head smoothly rested in the curly haired's palm. "I feel so tired" the girl whispered quietly, surprisingly feeling safe with the daughter of Ares across from her.

"I should've killed that guy when I had the chance" Clarisse clenched her jaw while picking the hurt girl up in her arms. "Where are you.. what..?" her voice trailed off while a comfortable flattering feeling coursed through her body caused by the other girl's touch. "We're going to the infirmary, Strawberry, i've got you" The curly haired girl whispered gently, making Amaris lay her head towards the girl's chest.