5. ONE LAST CHANCE

MORNING
MALIK MANSION

In the tranquil morning light that filtered through the windows of the opulent Malik Mansion, Haseena Malik descended the staircase clad in her uniform . As she reached the dining area, a furrow formed on her brow as she surveyed the space, her eyes searching for her mother.

"Where's Ammi?" she inquired, her voice a mix of urgency and concern, addressing the servant standing nearby.

"She already left, ma'am," came the servant's prompt reply.

Haseena's worry deepened and she asked "Did she have breakfast?"

"No, ma'am," the servant replied .

With a concerned frown etching her features, Haseena mulled over the servant's response, her mind racing with thoughts of her mother's well-being. Lost in her own thoughts, she barely registered the servant's next question.

"Shall I arrange breakfast for you, ma'am?" the servant offered,

Caught in the whirlwind of her concerns, Haseena absently shook her head. "No," she murmured, lost in thoughts.

Then she turned on her heel and made her way out of the mansion.

Vibhuti khand
Crescent Heights Apartments
Flat no: 506

The scene in Flat no. 506 of Crescent Heights Apartments was intense by the presence of a lifeless body sprawled on the floor, surrounded by a team of police officers meticulously investing the area for evidence.

While the investigation head S.H.O Haya wearing her gloves was crouched down beside the deceased and was examining for clues just then her mobile chimed in. To which she rose to her feet and retrieved the mobile answering "Hello Hasu!"

While on the other side haseena malik who was present in a big conference hall standing at a corner replied "hello haya, Actually Ammi didn't eat anything and left today, and didn't even take her medicine, and karu is also not responding to my call. And Iam stuck in the press conference .so please......"

Before Haseena could finish, a distant voice interrupted from within the apartment. "Here, madam, we found something!" The urgency in the constable's tone snapped everyone's attention.

"Just a moment," Haya responded to the constable before turning her attention back to Haseena's call. But before she could utter a word, Haseena's voice chimed in, filled with remorse. "I'm sorry, Haya. I didn't realize you were in the middle of an investigation."

Haya responded , her tone reassuring despite the chaos around her. "No worries, Hasu. I'll take care of it."

With a sigh of relief, Haseena expressed her gratitude. "Thank you so much, Haya.

A subtle smile graced haseena's lips as she declined the call ,However, as she glanced around the bustling conference hall, the smile faded from her face, then she started moving towards the stage, where the table and chairs were arranged, and the water bottles neatly placed.As she approached the stage, the chatter in the room died down, and all eyes turned to her.With a deep breath, Haseena took her place behind the table.

On the other side, Haya entered the room, where the constable had previously called her. He handed her a small packet filled with some white substance. As her gloved hand closed around the packet, her eyes widened with recognition, a flicker of alarm crossing her features. she swiftly examined the contents, her expression growing more serious as she confirmed her suspicions"molly" she murmured, gazing at the substance.

EVENING
KARISHMA SINGH'S APARTMENT

The Room was filled with wails and whimpers of an infant their small body trembled with each sob.