4. HE IS BACK

A sleek black BMW halts in front of Gomtinagar Thana. Haseena Malik, dressed in her sharp blue three-piece suit, swiftly steps out of the car and rushes into the station.

As she enters, the SHO sitting behind her desk rose to her feet. Approaching her, Haseena hands over some papers, stating, "The bail papers are here." The officer accepts the papers and even without glancing at them starts signing them promptly. "You can take her, Hasu, but a departmental inquiry will be initiated against Karishma. She'll remain suspended until then, and this time, it won't be easy," she informs while signing the papers.

Sighing, Haseena inquired, "What were the charges, Haya?"

Haya, the SHO of Gomtinagar Thana and also Haseena's cousin, furrows her brow. "Attempted murder," she replied.

"WHAT?" Haseena exclaimed in disbelief.

Haya explained further, "Yes, hasu. I've looked into the matter. Earlier today in Vibhuti Khand, a man was abusing his wife. Karishma intervened initially without resorting to any violence. However, something triggered her, and she lost control, and ended brutally injuring him." Her voice trailed off.

"And instead of supporting Karishma, the woman sided completely with her husband, who then filed an FIR against Karishma"

Haya continued, her expression reflecting a mix of concern and frustration. "Karishma's actions were severe, and the evidence against her is substantial. It's a delicate situation, hasu."

Haseena nodded, her mind racing with thoughts. "I understand, Haya. I'll handle it from here," ,

With a somber nod, Haya replied, "Just be careful, hasu. This case has attracted a lot of attention, and media is all over it. Make sure you handle it delicately."

Understanding the gravity of the situation, Haseena nods . "I'll make sure to proceed with caution," she assurs her cousin.

"This way," says Haya, gesturing towards the direction of the lock-up. Haseena followed closely behind as Haya led her.

As they reached the lock-up area, Haya turned to Haseena with a concerned expression. "And, hasu, she didn't eat anything. I tried, but..." her voice trailed off, indicating her worry.

"I'll take care of it, Haya. Thank you," Haseena replied, placing a reassuring hand on her cousin's shoulder. Haya returns the gesture with a warm smile before leaving the duo.

Lock-up

Haseena entered the lock-up and found karishma sitting at a corner. Their eyes met briefly but soon karishma averted her gaze.

Haseena approached close to karishma and sat down on one knee to get to her level. And said softly "let's go karu, and Don't worry I'll handle everything"

By listening it, a fresh set of tears rolled down karishma's eye as she spoke "You can't hasu, this time you cannot handle it. And you shouldn't.

Haseena sighed and blew out a breath, saying,"Karu, calm down, nothing had happened for you to be this hopeless, I assure you, just give me some time , Your suspension will be cancelled and i promise you will be joining back soon.

It's not just that, Hasu.
He.. He's back," Karishma said with a tremor in her voice.

"Who?" frowned Haseena.

"Thakur Dhanraj," replied Karishma while her voice was shaky and filled with terror.

Flashback:

Karishma singh was separating the man who was mercilessly beating his wife, just then the man said something which made karishma's blood boil , she lost her temper and started brutally smashing him.