More bad news

- This can't be real. I say.

- What does the post say? Jonathan asks.

- It, uh, isn't good.

- What does the post say?

- "Jon bullied producers into giving his flavor of the month the lead role in an upcoming AAA title. Did I mention that flavor is MAN"? Could it really be any more obvious Kyle wrote this?

- Does it say anything else?

- There's a lot of it. Claims you also went to Daddy to cry about a disagreement you had, and tried to get the OP fired. Sounds unhinged.

- Of course, he'd twist it to make himself the victim. And if I say anything, it looks like I'm hiding something. That asshole's just gonna make it harder for actual victims to come forward about things.

- I can try to rebut the post if you want. I know what's actually going on. Sofia said.

- Ugh, we don't deserve you. I think any little bit helps.

- I can say I know people who work at the company and that this is clearly someone wanting revenge.

- It's not gonna do anything. Jonathan says.

- I can at least pretend that I dated you or something. You don't have to be outed. Sofia says.

- It was pretty much an open secret anyway. It's the least of our problems here. Jonathan said.

- If you're sure. But let me know if I can help. The dance company's on break for the week, so I don't have much else to do.

- I appreciate it.

- Seriously. Thanks, Sofia.

Jonathan's staring at the laptop. Sofia notices and slams it closed, gesturing at us.

- Nuh. You're doing the exact same thing he does. Go to bed. Staring at it won't do anything.

- Maybe you're right. I say.

- I am. You both looked rough even before I told you about this. Go rest.

It takes some effort to get Jonathan up off the couch, but I manage to get him into the bedroom. Where he flops right down onto my bed, sending my pillows flying.

- Everything sucks. Jonathan says.

- I know. We'll get through it. Somehow.

- I hope.

Falling into silence, we lay beside each other, but sleep refuses to come. After about an hour, I turn to Jonathan.

- Can't sleep either?

- Nope.

- Man, I wish I had some melatonin or something, but I'm all out.

- It's fine. I didn't expect to sleep much tonight. I figured it'd be good to try, but meh.