Chapter 5

Sonic's POV

It's been two weeks since I was found by these people. These people never really heard me talk except the fact I only told them my name.They seem very kind and caring but I usually get the creeps when the pink hedgehog comes close to me. But, at the same time, I also don't kind of mind. Since she's the 2nd hedgehog I've ever seen aside from...

"AH!" I felt the stinging pain again. I took the pillow and threw it in mid air while kicking it as it flew across the room, which made the vase move and thankfully it didn't fall.

"Why do I keep getting a headache when I try to remember anything at all...?" I was annoyed at myself. I clenched my fist as I sighed while flopping my restless body on to the mattress.

But I smelt such a nice aroma behind that door and just couldn't maintain myself and I immediately came dashing. I looked at the stairs and saw Tails and Knuckles having their conversation stopped when they saw me go down. I rarely come down because I was very aggressive but I ignored them and ran outside and followed the smell.

"Sonic!!! Where are you going?!" Tails quickly grabbed his last piece of sandwich and ate it as he chased down Sonic

"Wait up Tails!" Knuckles then went after him as well.

And then there I saw it. The smell that led me here! It was a stand that was selling food saying "chilidogs for sale" and quickly walked up to it.

Tails finally caught up to me who seems to be out of breath. I looked up to Tails and my face was screaming "Buy me that. Buy me that. Buy me that. Buy me that." Since I really don't do anything until someone told me what to do. I don't know why though.

Tails looked at Sonic's excitement and sighed in defeat when he ordered a chilidog

Sonic smelled it at first before completely gobbling it up. Sonic giggled and patted Tails' head which took Tails by surprise. Sonic then pulled away his hand, he usually does this to someone and averted his gaze

"Are you gonna talk now...?" Tails glanced at my direction and we both saw Knuckles finally catching up.

"......" Sonic clenched his fist and took a deep breath.

"Am I allowed to?" Sonic looked at Tails but Tails didn't expect this to be his question nor why did he questioned that

"Of course you are! Everyone is allowed to!" Tails had a concerned look on his face but Sonic's ears pinned down at the back of his head while he messed up with his glove and sighing.

"Thank you..." He smiled brightly and that's when Knuckles was already at the ground while breaths of air was forming.

"Fuck you and your speed... Ughhh" Knuckles was in distress. He then pulls out his middle finger in which tails then hold onto and teased him making like he's trying to break off his finger in which Knuckles then immediately putted away.

When the three of them got back it was finally time to ask questions, Amy was called too.

"Alright! First... Where did you come from? I know Amy found you in the river but unless... Wait!! Are you like, a runaway criminal and got shot down and ended up in the river?! That would explain the shot on your leg then!!" Tails slammed his hand to the table and shouted with shock

Tails had a shocked expression and Tails then finally calmed down and asked the question again.

"Well, I don't really remember anything apart from I was... Trained I guess...? Trained til death is what I'm sure of." Sonic shrugged as he said this while taking a bite to his 7th chilidog.

"Who trained you? And why do you have a gunshot on your leg? Are you a criminal?" Knuckles had a death glare to Sonic which Sonic gladly glared back and the air felt tensed and Amy quickly changed the subject to avoid this.

"So... How old are you...?" Amy asked with an awkward smile on her face.

"Why would you ask that, Amy...?" Tails mumbled. And Amy then giggled.

"Make him answer my question first! Aren't you gonna answer any of my questions hedgehog?" He said while cracking his knuckles.

".... Hmph.... Fine... But I only disclose little to almost no information. I don't know why but I feel like I should only tell you that to that extent." Sonic crossed his arms

"Fair enough." The echidna leaned back on his chair.

"Why though...?" Tails fidgeted his tails but Sonic just looked the other way

"Now let's begin..."

Shadow's POV

I woke up at 5 o'clock sharp. I was trained that way. I quickly got ready and looked at a room but as I was about to open it I then stopped. Wait... Why am I doing my daily routine when Maria doesn't even... She's not even alive anymore...
I felt a lump on my throat and I clenched my fist so hard. This quiet environment and similar choice of build like that of the Ark made him do this, he's still not used to this... He lost both of the people he valued.

"Shit!" I punched a wall and it made a hole with a lot of cracks. This made the alarm turned on and everybody started to get out of their rooms with guns on their hand and I also saw a freaked out but tried to have a calm expression Rouge

It was called off saying it was a false alarm and the wall was being renovated.

"Really?" She asked me while her hands were on his hips. "Why were you doing that?!" Rouge facepalms her face and lets out a very deep sigh.

"Hmph... Don't question me Bat." Shadow walked up to the training grounds and wanted to train there but Rouge stopped him making him face her direction

"Look. I know it's hard for you to move on knowing damn well you don't want to and I'm sure your not even planning to." She lets Shadow go. "But just... Talk to me... And we can maybe work something out and--" Rouge was cut off

"I don't need you nor little sympathy." Shadow snapped at Rouge making her flinch at his cold and harsh words.

She stood there frozen while he walked away within the woods and quickly disappeared when he did so.

"Haa....." Rouge sighed

"I shouldn't mind this and make him have his own time but I just feel so bad for him." She went inside the building to and into her office.