Chapter 6

"..." The three were silent as they looked at Sonic who was relaxed to his core.

"Age!" Knuckles asked furiously

"Can't remember" Sonic plainly said

"Where do you live...?" Amy fiddled her fingers while blushing

"I don't know." Sonic sighed heavily

"How'd you end up in the river?" Tails looked at Sonic

"I can't remember."

"Why'd you got shot?" Tails asked again

"I don't know...either..." Sonic frowned while looking at his shot down leg that's covered in bandages.

"Then.... Who's Shadow?" Amy asked Sonic and this caught Sonic off guard

"Shadow...? Shadow... Shadow... I... The name sounds familiar... Why can't I remember him? Who is he...? He feels important to me..." Sonic scratched his head and had a confused look at who this ' Shadow ' is.

"Are you okay...?" Tails got closer to Sonic because he seemed to be troubled

"Ah... I'm fine... Thanks bud." Sonic sighed while letting out a soft smile to Tails.

"Ah sorry if that made you weirded out... I just... I kind of heard you always saying that name when your sleeping and thought he's someone...." Amy tried to explain but just sighed when Knuckles patted her back.

"Ah, it's nothing... Thanks..." Sonic lets out a soft smile.

"No problem! We should all rest since it's getting late. " Knuckles and Amy got up and started to leave

"Goodnight Sonikku!!!" Amy waved at Sonic with and said this in a high pitched way

"Sonikku what?" Sonic looked at the door where Amy left and had a weirded out expression at the thought of that nickname. Tails giggled

"Would you like anything?" Tails looked at Sonic who seemed to be content given the amount of chilidogs he already ate.

"Ah, no I'm good. Thanks bud" Sonic smiled at the fox and Tails suddenly hugged him which made Sonic feel a little bit better.

"Ah! Ouch!" Tails quickly backed off and looks at his finger

"Ah sorry! Must be my quills..." Sonic scratched his head while his ears were folded down.

"Ah it's fine, really... I just accidentally touched the tip of your quills. Anyways, I'm just gonna go to sleep so goodnight Sonic!" Sonic still felt bad but since Tails reassured him he felt his guilt go away and nodded to Tails' statement and went inside his room as well.

It's been months since Sonic moved into this town. Sonic still didn't remember anything despite his desperate attempt. As for Shadow, Rouge confirmed that there was blood near the river and falling out quills. Rouge concluded that 'Sonic' was dead and thought that before Sonic died he went to the river to stop his bleeding but he lost so much blood and went unconscious into the river and his body may have been dragged by the current. Making the search for the body now impossible since that long river was also leading to the ocean. Shadow couldn't believe this and always throw a fit whenever someone was near him. Making G.U.N quite concerned on what they have on they're hands. Rouge and Shadow somehow catched up and they slowly got to know each other whenever they were assigned on a mission. Shadow wondered why he was still working for G.U.N but they also threatened him that if he don't follow their orders then they will have no choice but to lock him up forever and give him illusions on Maria's death over and over til he is mentally broken which made Shadow silent for a while. G.U.N themselves can't believe this threat worked but Shadow quickly forgot about this.

Shadow and Rouge went out many missions together. Rouge then went on a vacation every once in a while to this island that she says that her boyfriend lives there. Shadow don't really wanna go there since he just wants to be stuck up in his office, slaving himself away just to forget his memories of Maria and Sonic... Oh Sonic...

Sonic lives quite a peaceful life. He and his friends were very friendly. But what irritates him the most were those bullies. Jet, Scourge and Mephiles. But he tried not to mind them. And for 5 years. It was very peaceful...

This is a short ass chapter ><