CHAPTER FIVE

It's warm. It's rather hot and I might have started to sweat. I slowly look around and find it's pretty bright as if the sun has already come out. I normally wake up before the sun's up on my college days. I crawl around my hands to get my phone.

It's 7.

It's 7?

It's already 7?

And three missed calls from Barsha!

I need to rush! I get off the bed immediately and rush into the washroom with my toothbrush. I get ready as fast as I can and leave for college. I call her when I leave from my room to tell her that I will be late. I reach the bus stop and wait for the bus. I'm already late and on top of it I had to wait for the bus for fifteen extra minutes.

I reach the college half an hour late and go into the class.

"Did you woke up after the sun?" sir asks sarcastically and everybody laughs, including Barsha.

"Yes, I guess I did." I answer him with a mild grin and enter the class.

"Good morning late sleeper." she says as I'm just seated in the desk.

"Good morning my reason for sleeping late." I say laughingly taking my books out of my bag.

We attend the class and leave immediately after it's over. We are going to a nearby hilltop temple today. There's gonna be temple, park, and a short hike. Everything that we like!

We get to the foothill by bus. We get off the bus and start going up the hill. She loves to be around the trees and grass. It looks like she doesn't have to be anything else around these trees, as if she puts on a mask while she is with others but it's not needed when she is around the trees or me.

"How far is it still?" she asks while panting.

"Fifteen to Twenty minutes, I guess" I stop and look back at her. She is breathing heavily and looking at me.

"Wait!" she comes running towards me and sit beside me. I also sit.

"See? We can see the city, we have walked very far. Now we are almost there." I say while she is still catching her breath.

"Yeah. We are." she says with her heavy breath and brings out the water bottle. She drinks some water and then sit leaning on me.

We sit for a while and start moving, in a while we reach the top. We stroll around the temple and sit there for a while. Not long before we are settled down the wind start to get strong and it gets cloudy. We leave from there in a while and start to hike down. We come down quickly and by the time we reach the street it's already raining a little bit. We look around and see a cafe nearby. We go in and order two cups of tea.

"Ugh, it's gonna rain" she says being little annoyed.

"Yes!" I say being excited. She looks at me and gives me a look as if why I was excited. "What?" I ask her not being sure what that look of her meant.

"You like rain?"

"Yes, and I don't think that you do..."

"No I don't. What is there to like about rain?" she says looking out from the window.

"What is there to not like about rain?" I say looking out from the window too.

"I don't know. It just feels gloomy. My clothes are soaked and dirty. I like the sun and a clear blue sky."