CHAPTER SEVEN

I'm waiting in the atrium. There are people moving around here and there, into the restaurant and shops. This mall is really busy during the evenings. But I don't seem to be bothered by that. I don't seem to be feeling anything. Anything accept, something of a void somewhere... in my heart? Maybe! Maybe it's been two days I'm not feeling much.

I see Rebecca coming towards the atrium. She notices me as she is four or five steps from me. I see that she is coming towards me with a gentle smile, but I don't smile back. Rather I can't! And I notice that she noticed it. She noticed that something is different about me but she doesn't asks it right away. She comes in front of me with the gentle smile and opens her hands to hugs me. Maybe I should also just put my hands on...

She...

Hugged me?

She hugged me!

I felt that!

That is the only thing I felt in these last few days. I felt that hug!

I also hug her. Not just put my hands on her shoulders. But I really hug her, tightly!

She tries to come out of the hug. But I'm still hugging and holding her tightly so she doesn't. I just can't stop hugging her. Maybe I'm feeling too much right now after feeling absolutely nothing for few days. She probably also feels the tears dropping from my cheeks on her neck. She can hear me sobbing slowly, and feel my uneven breaths on her chest. She taps on my back to calm me down.

I come out of the hug and she is looking at me with a confused face and not saying anything. She must be so confused right now. I messaged her saying let's meet tomorrow evening go around the mall and in less than ten seconds of meeting her, I'm into tears and can't let her go out of the hug.

"What...What happened to... Come let's sit there first!" she takes my hand and takes me to a bench and we sit. She looks at me and says, "What happened?" with a gentle and concerned voice.

I don't say anything and just stare down at the ground.

"Aakash?" she says holding my shoulder still looking at me.

I can't look back at her. I keep starring down at the ground and with a very weak voice I say, "Barsha..."

"Barsha?" she looks ahead for a while and again looks at me, "What happened to her? Is she okay?"

"I don't know..." I say with a weak voice.

"What do you mean by I don't know? Say something! Where is she?"

"She... She says she can't be with me"

"What? Why? What happened!"

"I don't know, she just said that she can't be with me. She wants to be with me, but she can't."

"What does that mean? What happened between you two?"

I cover my face with my hands and say,"I don't know what is happening with her. She started to behave differently for few days. And one day she called me to meet, and said that." I say this and look at her. I look at her and she is looking at me not knowing what to say. She is also as confused as I'm, so she just hugs me.

"When did it happened?" she says this while she is hugging me.

"Two days ago maybe..." I say this and I also hug her.

She takes her head away to look at me while her hand is still on my shoulder. "Then why didn't you told me about this then?"

"I don't know, I didn't knew what to do. I wasn't feeling anything for these two days." I also look back at her and say, "Until I meet you right now"

With a little bit of tear on her eyes she hugs me again and I also hug her back.

She comes out of the hug and says, "Let's go!"

"Where?"

"Just come!" she hold my hand and start walking outside the mall.

We come out of the mall, she takes me around the street.

"So shouldn't you have told about what happened? You need not be in that distress." she says this looking at me.

"Yes, but... but I didn't knew what to do then. So..." I say it looking at her.

"Okay okay, it's okay! You feeling good now?"

"Yes!" I say it looking at her with a smile and putting my hand on her shoulder and keep walking.

We went into the park then to the lake and sit beside it. It's sunset time and the view from here is absolutely beautiful. I guess it feels more beautiful because I haven't been feeling anything since last few days.

"Rebecca! There was a guy that you had crush on. What about him?" I say it looking at her and I laugh.

"Ohh please! That was a long time ago okay?" she says it with a laugh and hits me on my arm. I also laugh.

"Maybe this lake was made by your tears when you felt nothing for two days." she gives me a look as if she wanted to take revenge and laughs.

"Ohh yes, definitely!" I say this and laugh looking at her. We both laugh.

I reach into my bag a take out that hair clip which has some floral design and give it to her.

"Did you chose it yourself?" she asks it taking the clipper in her hands and looking at me.

"Yep, I did!" I say it laughingly looking at her. "How is it? Are you asking that because it's too nice or too bad?"

She laughs and says, "It's too nice, thank you!" she says it with a smile and hugs me. And I also hug her back.

We sit there for some more time and leave once it's dark.