CHAPTER SIX

"Would you like to buy water?" says an somewhat old lady who comes to us with lots of water bottles in her hand.

"No, it's okay" I say it gently with a smile.

"I'm thirsty, actually" she says with a low voice.

"Give us one" I say to the lady. She hands me over a bottle of water and I pay for it. I take off the seal and give it to Barsha.

She drinks it and sighs after drinking it.

"Is everything okay?" I ask it looking towards her.

"Yeah it is" she answers with the same low voice and looking towards the ground.

"You don't seem good today" I tell it still looking at her.

"I don't know..." she exclaims with somewhat of an annoyed voice. I also look down towards the ground, where she is looking.

"You can tell me if there is something" I say it still looking down at the ground.

"That's the thing, something is wrong, but I don't know what is wrong." she says it while she slightly looks towards me. As if she want to share but she herself doesn't know what to share. I don't say anything and just keep looking at her.

"I don't know, maybe it will just go away in sometime."she says this and holds my hand.

"Okay, I hope it will." I say and hold her hand firmly.

I pull her with her hand and walk towards the river which is beside the square. It's quite busy today here. It's very crowded, I want to take her away from this crowd.

We reach to the river and just sit by it's bank. It's almost evening time, the sun is setting. The sky is turning orange and red, and the river more redder. And some birds flying far away. People are walking around the river bank and we are just sitting there in a bench.

We are just sitting, not saying anything, just looking at the setting sun and a gentle breeze blowing. I look at her, she seems a little relieved here, but she is still... I don't know, I don't know what's happening to her but something is going on within her. She is leaning on my shoulder and I keep my hand on her head. I want to ask her how she is feeling, or if something is disturbing her, but I guess it's better if I just let her be for some time.

After some time she sits straight. And she takes her hand bag and we get up. We come out of the river bank and start walking on the street on our way to the bus stop.

"Is there anything that you want to talk about?" I say it gently looking at her, as she is still somewhat upset.

"I don't know..." she says it with her weak voice. "I'll tell you if there is anything" she says it looking at me while I'm still looking at her.

"Okay" I say it gently with a smile looking at her. She also smiles back at me and looks straight ahead. I'm glad that she at least smiled.

But after this, she doesn't smiles or looks cheered up even once. All the way till we reach our place to separate, she looks upset. I continue walking with her instead of going separate ways to our homes without saying anything. She notices that I didn't go my regular way and came along with her. She comes near me and holds my arm and slightly rests her head on my arm while we are walking towards her home.

***

It's been a few days that we haven't talked properly. Our college is also over until the upcoming exams are over. She doesn't talks much in messages too. So we haven't meet in a while, and talked very little in messages.