Sunset And Nightfall

The scene fades to the afternoon and Fiona has calmed down. She just hangs there limply while Shrek carries her.

Lillo: "Um... *pulls out an apple from the satchel* Want some food, your majesty?"

Fiona: "No thank you, I'm good."

Lillo: "*puts the apple away* Ok."

Donkey: "Okay, so here's another question. Say there's a woman that digs you, right, but you don't really like her that way. How do you let her down real easy so her feelings aren't hurt, but you don't get burned to a crisp and eaten?"

Fiona: "You just tell her she's not your true love. Everyone knows what happens when you find your..."

Shrek nearly drops her to the ground.

Fiona: "Hey! The sooner we get to Duloc the better."

Donkey: "You're gonna love it there, Princess. It's beautiful!"

Fiona: "And what of my groom-to-be? Lord Farquaad? What's he like?"

Shrek: "Let me put it this way, Princess. Men of Farquaad's stature are in short supply."

He and Donkey laugh as Fiona is placed down. Shrek then proceeds to splash water onto his face to wash off the dust and grime.

Donkey: "I don't know. There are those who think little of him."

They laugh again and Lillo just had this nervous look on his face as he's thinking.

Fiona: "Stop it. Stop it, both of you. You're just jealous you can never measure up to a great ruler like Lord Farquaad."

Lillo: "Yeah, uh, maybe you're right, Princess. But I'll let you decide that choice when we make it to DuLoc tomorrow."

Fiona: "*looks at the setting sun* Tomorrow?! It'll take that long? Shouldn't we stop to make camp?"

Shrek: "No, that'll take longer. We can keep going."

Lillo: "Exactly. And once we get there it'll be morning."

Fiona: "But there's robbers in the woods."

Donkey: "Whoa! Time out, guys! Camp is starting to sound good."

Shrek: "Hey, come on. I'm scarier than anything we're going to see in this forest."

Fiona: "I need to find somewhere to camp NOW!"

Lillo, Donkey and Shrek's ears lower as they shrink away from her. The scene then cuts to a cliff as Shrek has found a cave that appears to be in good order. He shoves a stone boulder out of the way to reveal the cave.

Shrek: "Hey! Over here."

Donkey: "Shrek, we can do better than that. I don't think this is fit for a princess."

Fiona: "No, no, it's perfect. It just needs a few homey touches."

Shrek: "Homey touches? Like what?"

He hears a tearing noise and looks over at Fiona who has torn the bark off of a tree.

Fiona: "A door? Well, gentlemen, I bid thee good night."

She goes into the cave and puts the bark door up behind her.

Donkey: "You want me to read you a bedtime story? I will."

Fiona: "*behind the bark door* I said good night!"

Lillo: "Um, princess? Don't you at least want dinner-?"