Chapter 11: Killer Queen

3:34 PM

I ran at her and dodged the ice spikes that came out of the ground as I grew closer, then she launched in the air at me. I slid, but dragged my scythe in the ground which suddenly stopped me, I used it to throw myself back, landing feet from where I was before. Ela wasn't expecting this. When I landed I had the advantage. She hit the ground and was stunned. I jumped at her with my scythe ready, she forms a spear out of ice in her left hand. As much as I could tell she was right handed, she might have been hurt. I was wrong. She swung at me, and I slashed a small blast of heat back at her with my left hand and started to swing with my right, since I broke her spear. Then, her actual metal spear stabbed into my left side. Instead of moving back and getting the spear out, I pushed forward. It stabbed deeper into me, the pain growing stronger and stinging like... like fucking hell! I fully pulled up my arm and swung my scythe down, aiming for her head. She grabbed it with her left hand, even though it was burned. She looked up. Her eyes were light blue and mixed with black, like somebody had started to whisk the colors of her eyes together but stopped. She yanked the scythe out of my hand and I fell to the ground on my knees. She stood up and put her foot on my chest, slowly pulling the spear out of my side, and kicked me against the ground. I started to sit up, putting pressure with my hand on the wound to stop the blood.

"Nice moves kid- but- you're still dead."

She turned and walked about 2 meters away, before turning back, leaning down and putting her hand against the ground, "You're absolutely patético."

"Patético? What does that even mean?" I ask. I could feel the ground starting to get cold.

"Pathetic." The ground suddenly erupts with an explosion of ice, throwing me into the air. I'm gonna hit that building! I think seconds before the impact. I cause an explosion behind me, cradling my fall, and my possible death. Dust spread around the crumbled walls. I pushed off some rocks from my chest. My leg was stuck under some debris. I tried to sit up. I had a lot of cuts and probably some future bruises. I saw a blue light through the dust, and as the smoke settled, Ela stood in front of me. "Hey, nice hair," I grunt out, grasping the spear wound with my left hand, trying to buy myself time. "Where'd you get it styled?"

"Shut up," She said, slamming her heel into my chest, "I didn't think I would get attacked by some dumbass teens in gettups. Just give up, live your life... And if you don't, I can't wait to stab you a second time." She turned and started to walk away, leaving me. I squeezed a rock with which I had grabbed my right hand, and chucked it at her head. She swiftly caught it with one fist, and turned to me. "Did you think you would - What are you doing?"

I grasp my hand into a fist with my thumb sticking up, "Killing your, dumbass." I grasp my thumb into my fist, 'detonating' the rock which I had attempted an enchantment on. The rock explodes, tearing apart her head and hand. As blue "blood" and hefty chunks of her head hit the ground, I pull the rock off from my leg, and stand up. I couldn't feel anything. My left arm was covered in blood, and I could hardly see. I tried walking forward, but hardly could. I stumbled towards the clearing. I could see the sun's light raining down on me. My feet slip from under me, my eyes closing as I fall. I guess this is where I die.

"Wake up!" I hear screaming in my ear. I open my eyes suddenly to the noise. The sun burns my pupils, and I start blinking rapidly. I sit up in alarm, breathing heavily. I twist my head around. I'm in something that looks like our infirmary, but different. I remember we're in a different city. The infirmary was windowed off, the beds had more room in between them, and smooth cloth curtains.

"You're finally awake!" A woman's voice says to my right. I swivel my head, "Are you okay?" It was Angela. She was in a long white dress, with gold armor plates on her right shoulder and on her left leg, knee down, "When did you get here? How did I get here? I thought I died!" I started to yell. I realized the tone of my voice and calmed myself down.