One month had passed since Alessia's first encounter with Laia at the nursery school. During that time, Alessia had continued to pick up Chiara two days a week, enjoying more and more the company of the little girl and the conversations with Laia.

Alessia and Laia had spoken more and more each time they met at the nursery school, exchanging anecdotes about the little one and sharing laughs and smiles.

Laia always had a way of brightening Alessia's day with her presence and her laughter, and Alessia couldn't help but feel more and more drawn to her with each encounter.

One sunny afternoon, while waiting for Chiara at the nursery school gate, Alessia felt a flutter of excitement in her stomach as she saw Laia approaching her. The young teacher looked radiant in the sunlight, with a warm smile on her face.

"Hello, Alessia," Laia greeted, stopping in front of her. "How are you today?" Alessia returned Laia's smile, feeling her heart beating strongly in her chest. "Hello Laia, I'm very well, and you?" Laia nodded enthusiastically.

"All good. The children have been particularly lively today, so a bit tired," she remarked, with a twinkle in her eyes.

For the next few minutes, Alessia and Laia chatted animatedly about the day at the nursery school, sharing laughs and anecdotes. Alessia felt comfortable and happy in Laia's company, as if she had found someone with whom she could truly be herself.

When Chiara finally emerged from class, Alessia hugged her tightly. After saying goodbye to Laia with a smile, Alessia took Chiara home, hoping to see Laia again soon.

Upon arriving at her sister's house, Gianna entered the kitchen with a worried expression on her face as Alessia helped Chiara out of her jacket. She sat across from her, her brow furrowing slightly.

"Alessia, I need to talk to you," Gianna began, her tone indicating that something was on her mind.

Alessia furrowed her brow, concerned by the seriousness in her sister's voice. "What's wrong, Gianna? Is everything okay?" she asked, feeling a knot of anxiety in her stomach.

Gianna sighed, running a hand through her hair nervously. "I'm afraid I have to ask you a favor," she admitted, looking Alessia directly in the eyes.

Alessia nodded, ready to help her sister with whatever she needed. "Of course, tell me what you need," she replied.

"It turns out my work schedule has changed, and I won't be able to attend Chiara's nursery school meeting tomorrow afternoon," she explained, with an apologetic tone in her voice.

 "Well, I was wondering if you could go in my place. The meeting is important, and I want to make sure someone from the family is there," she admitted, with a rueful smile on her face.

Alessia nodded slowly, understanding the importance of the meeting for Gianna and Chiara. "Of course, Gianna. Don't worry, I'll go," she promised.

Gianna hugged her gratefully. "Thank you, Alessia. It means a lot to me," she said, relieved by her sister's willingness to help.

Alessia smiled, returning the hug affectionately. "You're welcome, Gianna. I'll always be here for you and Chiara," she assured her, smiling.

The next day, Alessia prepared for the nursery school meeting, making sure to wear her best clothes to look her best for Laia. As she headed to the school, her mind was filled with thoughts of Laia.

When she arrived at the school, Alessia met Laia at the entrance, who greeted her with a radiant smile. Together, they entered the building and headed to the room where the meeting would take place. They sat down, and Laia began talking about Chiara, with an affectionate expression on her face.