Chapter 1: Rest

You, Faith and Mitsuri are traveling along the path to the ore's destination.

Mitsuri: "It should just be a few more miles of this path. Since these bikes move much faster than horses, we'll be there in half an hour."

Faith: "So, you Demon Slayers really do exist?"

Mitsuri: "Yep. We must hunt and slay Demons, hence our name."

"Easier to sell illegal drugs in the city than kill all the demons in the world. Those things and the ghouls have spread everywhere when the Flood happened."

Mitsuri: "Maybe, but we have to try. Hey, we're here."

You and Faith stopped your bikes and carried the ore containers.

Mitsuri: "So, whatcha delivering?"

"That's for our client."

Faith: "After that, we'll be out."

You walked up a path leading to a fort, where a pedestal emerged from the ground with a message reading "Place packages in here, please". You and Faith did so and the pedestal retracted.

"You two have performed excellently," the client's voice said through a speaker. "I can see why you came recommended."

"Well, we had to deal with Demons and a swarm of Ghouls."

Faith: "And we're still going to be leaving despite the horde not being too far away."

Mitsuri: "Master, this boy used a Breathing Style that was used by a man you described. And they possess a Nichrin sword as well."

"I know," the client responded. "Y/N and Faith, why don't you two stay here for the night? You look like you could use some rest. However, I won't force you."

You and Faith looked at each other for a minute and agreed that you could use some rest before leaving.

"Okay," you said, "But we're leaving when dawn comes."

The gates opened, and everyone entered. You and Faith went to your rooms before seeing Mitsuri in your window.

Faith: "Nice place you have here."

"Is this the Demon Slayer's base?"

Mitsuri: "You could call it that. Want me to show you around?"

Faith: "Count me out. I'm going to pass out now."

"Okay."

Faith lie down on her bed and fell asleep without even putting the covers on while you walked with Mitsuri and sit on a roof as you saw the valley you all passed through.

Mitsuri: "Maybe you could join us. I'd love to know more about you two. And we do need more to join our ranks."

"Sorry Mitsuri, but me and my sister learned that if you have nothing, you've got nothing to lose."

Mitsuri: "Well, just think about it."

As she left, you kept looking at the valley, pondering her question.