Chapter 2: Give it a Try

You and Faith are at one of the fortified cities and making a delivery to them.

"Thank you," the automated foreman said. "You're payment has been completed."

You and Faith received supplies and credits for the next time you two go to one of the cities before driving off. After driving for a few hours, Faith began to get tired of driving.

Faith: "Y/N, Can we take a small break? I feel my butt fusing to the seat."

"Guess so."

You stopped at a motel and put the bikes in a garage before opening up one of the rooms. You fell asleep for a bit before a loud noise woke you up.

"Stay in here and stay quiet," you said to Faith before leaving the room.

You saw three demons outside and fought them. You managed to attack and decapitated one of them, while the rest tried to avoid your sword.

Suddenly, some of them are decapitated and you saw that Mitsuri has arrived.

You then used Starlight Slash to finish the remaining ones.

Mitsuri: "What a coincidence that we cross paths again after weeks."

"I guess. What are you doing here? Oh wait, hunting demons."

Mitsuri: "And helping a few settlements deal with some of the hordes in the area. I don't know the official name since the world's geography became all messed up from the Flood."

"Did they specialize in farming and have an eagle flag with tools?"

Mitsuri: "Yes actually. Do you remember the name?"

"I think it was Haven. One of the more safer settlements. Of course expanding has been a problem for them. Ghouls mostly."

Mitsuri: "I can see that. Demons alone were already a problem, and the ghouls are making it more difficult."

"Yeah."

Mitsuri: "Why do you and your sister prefer to keep moving?"

"Trust no one and expect the worst. That's what we learned 7 years ago. Our village was destroyed by marauders and our parents were killed trying to protect us."

Mitsuri: "Poor things."

"Don't pity us."

Mitsuri: "I'm not. It happened to my parents. Only difference was that those marauders left them to be sacrificed to the Demons."

"So I guess our own kind royally screwed us over."

Mitsuri: "You don't have to accept, but come back with me. Let me show you what our mission really is, and if you still don't want to, we'll let you leave, no grudges."

"Okay. We'll give it a try, but no promises."

Mitsuri ran up to you and hugged you.

Mitsuri: "You're such a smart boy."

"I'm guessing I'll be lucky with surviving your unpredictability."

Mitsuri: "I get that from a lot of people. Well, No point in leaving right now. Let's wait till morning."

"Alright."

You and Mitsuri went back to the room Faith is in and assured her that everything's okay. That night, you took a rest before getting on the bikes in the morning and driving to Demon Slayer HQ.