Before you read

Hello! I'm VoltageStone, and this is my first long fic for the fandom! Pretty stoked about it, to be honest. :D

Anyway, before the fic itself, there's a few things to comb through, because this is a weird story overall, and that is reflected in both content and format. Then there's updating matters.

For Wattpad readers, truth be told, this story isn't really meant to be read on here. The best place to read this fic is on AO3, because of the formatting. On AO3, the font is meant to emulate a typewriter, and there's other decisions that, narratively, have significance—something that won't be as clear on here, though I felt that the story is strong enough to be able overcome that, hence why it is posted here.

In regards to the formatting, this is why much of the fic is the way it is. On Wattpad, the key thing is that the dialogue is (by in large) separated from the narration. 

And, it's set in second person. Not self-insert. Instead, this is Wednesday blind to her audience, and to her own mental state. Ergo, we have a story that has to tell its own character everything, rather than a distant narration, or a first-person perspective—of someone very aware.

Which. Well, Wednesday is not. That's literally the whole point.

Now we get to the content itself. This fic is Dead Dove. It gets very dark, and is an exploration of many themes through omegaverse and horror. Sexuality, sexual assault, rape, etc. are therefore included, though the acts themselves not fixated upon. The traumas are.

In short, if you're here for an omegaverse story because you are horny, you are going to get far more than you bargained for. You know. Because horror. And Dead Dove. And the whole point of this author's note.

As for canonicity, Thornhill is not present, so Tyler is not a groomed terror. He's just a terror. And Goody is...present? Kind of? Not really, but she does make an appearance.

This follows its own canon, set after Wednesday's first year at Nevermore.

Lastly, updates: I am going to be a little cruel here, the first three (technically four) chapters of this fic will be posted, then it will go on a hiatus until I write and finish the first arc. Now, for Wattpad, that means a lot more chapters, as I will split each chapter into parts. (I do this a lot. I tend to write chapters up to 50k words, which would not fly on Wattpad, ego, I split them.) So, that will look different here.

However, there will still be the hiatus, until I finish writing the arc, then updates will be every Wednesday and Friday. Full chapters will be posted, so multiple chapters at once on here.

If you want to be updated on the fic, I will have a page going through writing progress on AO3 (once the third (and technically fourth) chapter is finished and uploaded), and I have a Tumblr. VoltageStone(r). This fic also has its own tag on Tumblr as well (#lycos fic) if you just want to follow the story.

With that, I hope you enjoy!

:)