Chapter 55

Samuel

I am Winter. The person inside-Winter-spoke.

"That's a funny name." I smirked.

No it's not...it's unique. Winter seemed perturbed by my comment.

"Yeah, unique." I rolled my eyes at him when just then my eyes caught sight of someone hiding in the room.

I didn't hazard a guess at who it was.

"Neil," I called louder, "come out."

Nothing.

"Neil," I felt my voice grow stern, "come out here and sit with me, now."

I heard a small sigh from somewhere and then Neil appeared as if out of thin air.

I looked at him with "wtf" eyes for a moment before I moved my legs and patted the seat beside me.

He reluctantly took the seat.

"Well," I began, "how's the hiding?"

Obviously not good cause we caught him. Winter snubbed his nose.

"Fine." He lied.

Just then, Nicholas came back.

"Oh!" He seemed fizzled. "Neil, there you are. You know Lula has been looking for you damnit."

"Uhm...no, Alpha." Neil lowered his gaze at once.

"Well will you go see what she wants, I swear she's gonna drive me crazy." Nicholas shooed his hands at Neil who was quick to scurry off.

Mate. Winter danced a bit in my head.

Nicholas took the place Neil had been sitting and threw his head back in what seemed to be exhaustion.

"A-Are you alright?"' I leaned up a little.

"I will be fine when I find out what is going on with you." He smirked half-heartedly.

"Nothing is going on with me." I was quick to answer.

"Then why have you been acting so different." He moved closer to me.

"I am not!" I felt myself get annoyed and I shot up.

Suddenly, a wave of heat come over me and I felt myself fall right back down. Nicholas caught me and put me back on the sofa. "I'm alright!" I tried to shake him off.

"You're not alright." He was adamant. "When you came here a few days ago you were so stubborn I thought I was gonna die or that you were gonna die. But now it's like your changing and I wanna know why. I found you hiding with Neil not so long ago, and you just fell back from standing up in a huff." He fretted.

Mate is worried. Winter called out. Tell him the truth.

"Truth?" I whispered.

"Yes, I want the truth!" Nicholas answered my whispered.

Yes, tell him. Winter urged.

My mouth slacked open a little as a memory I didn't know I had came rushing back into my mind.

I was only a kid...

I was playing and talking to my tiny-I mean, Winter, out loud.

When my mother asked me, I told her the truth. I told her about my tiny indiscernible person inside of my head...Winter.

She looked at me a moment and asked me again. She then proceeded to ask if he was imaginary...to which I answered, no. I said he was real, just inside my head.