1: Nadia x Vivian

Hello, friends. It's Don here, author of "Dragonborn Saga" and "The Unholy Mage".

This is the third novel I write and the second original of my books. I started this sometime around 2019 and since I am currently having a hiatus with the other stories, I find myself energetically writing a lot of chapters here. So, why not finally publish this one?

Unlike my previous two, this story features a Female main character and unlike most other stories, it is set in a fantasy Industrial/Colonial era world. I will lean more towards Drama and Intrigue rather than pure Action and Fantasy while not completely abandoning them either.

It is also the sister story of The Unholy Mage, and without further ado, let's start this first chapter with a bang!

————————————————————

My name is Nadia. Once upon a time, I used to work as a thief with the legendary Black Cobra unit, whose leader was my friend Shady. [MC of Relife System: The Unholy Mage]

Always the face of success in our organization, the Medjay, we caused a huge stir in the world due to the incredible heists we pulled off together.

In the end, I've come to like Shady but sadly, he was more interested in 2D girls. If the world knew that the man who caused many governments to chew fingers in agony was a Dating-Sims degenerate otaku then the whole planet would facepalm in unison.

As my senpai never noticed me because of his harem of 2D waifus, I took the advice to try and appeal to him as approachable as possible and so I made up some stories about how experienced I am to get his attention, but somehow I still lost to the charms of the 2D girls.

Funny thing is... I too started playing Visual Novel RPGs and quite frankly enjoyed them.

Unfortunately, those days didn't continue and it all went down on the day we were doing the heist of the century.

We received intel that an Ancient Egyptian Artifact was going to be sold under the supervision of the UN. That artifact was rumored to be the most priceless thing ever discovered due to the strange nature of its location and power. It was said that it contained a strange energy that may cause the world to see things from a whole new perspective regarding nuclear applications and such. Moreover, its discoverer was forced to sell it in an International Auction.

And we succeeded... but we were betrayed.

An old friend of ours who went off the grid for some time returned with enemies surrounding our hideout.

The whole team was threatened and we had to escape but someone had to stay and hold the enemies back. Shady took that upon himself.

As my superior, I was to follow his orders and evacuate the team out but as everyone was out safe and ready to run, something stopped me. I returned to find him confronted by agents from all nations at gunpoint.

The situation escalated too fast when I tried to save him and we both were gunned together, however, Shady had no plans to escape from the beginning. As we fell, I could see him falling lifelessly with something falling from his hands.

A detonator!

The idiot... he... he wired the place.

He wanted to end his legend in a blaze of glory after pulling off his biggest achievement and I was taken with him.

Good grief!

Still, I remember dying after the explosion and the feeling was shockingly scary but somehow, I came here.