vii. Living, breathing, nightmare. (aonung)

OG request from tumblr anon: "heyyyy there, how are you? was just thinkinggg 😝🧟 ---

may I please request an enemies to lovers ao'nung x fem!metkayina!reader fic where reader ventures out beyond the reef with bestie tsireya in their rarely found free time in order to decompress from their stressful routines --- evident in readers duties of teaching the young many things like weaving and breathing, helping ronal collect medicinal resources, and tsireya being tsakarem. reader vents about ao'nung being a pain and how hard she's pining for him regardless and tsireya, being all knowing, tries to hint to reader about ao'nungs feelings. some more banter before reya rushes off to meet with lo'ak for their date. not long after tsireya leaves, readers gets attacked and badly injured in the leg by something (I can't think of anything 💀) and rushes back to awa'atlu riding an ilu, bleeding out, where ao'nung (previously training) takes notice of her limping out of the water barely conscious. ao'nung rushes to her, reader collapsing in his arms, ao'nung delivering a cutsie little panicked "don't worry, im not gonna let anything to happen to you, 'm gonna take care of you" just before readers loses consciousness 😝😝😝😝 perhaps some cutie fluffy tearful confessions after she wakes in ronals healing marui"

word count: 4.4k

pairing: aonung x fem!metkayina!reader

author notes:

- the prompt IS enemies to lovers so i decided to make it a HEAAVY emphasis on the enemies part of that (😏), so this is gonna be a wild ass ride. love you for this request, thanks for bringing me back onto this platform, anon!

- 2nd person (love it too much)

- NO you are not short you're a little taller than tsireya but aonung is just a tall mf

_________________________________________

"So, they hate each other?" Ewie asked curiously, her curiosity piqued as her gaze remained fixed on the two na'vi bickering aways from her and the tsakarem-to-be of her clan.

"...Not exactly," Tsireya answered, grimacing.

She sighed, patting the little one's back, who stood there confused and still staring, eyes wide as seashells.

Tsireya knelt down on one knee atop the damp, warm sand, offering the little girl a reassuring smile as she reached out to place her hand to Ewie's shoulder, encouraging her to meet Tsireya's gaze.

"Why don't you go on and play with your friends now, Ewie? You can resume your lessons with [name] tomorrow," she said softly, promptly turning her head to smile at Ewie's friends who ran wildly across the coast, screaming and jumping joyously.

The little girl's eyes brightened as she looked at her group of friends, one of the boys in particular waving her over to join. She let out a small excited squeal, her mind now totally torn away from the sight of you and aonung, running to join them.

Tsireya smiled as she watched Ewie scamper away, leaving only the older girl and the ocean in her wake.

For Tsireya, now was one of the calm moments that no one could take away from her.

She inhaled, the ocean breeze carrying a freshness that was tinged with the ancient salt of countless tides. Its age-old whispers danced through the air, brushing against her skin with a coolness that– if she concentrated enough, she could almost hear....yes...Eyw-

"You are an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!"

Your voice pierced through her thoughts, her ears flattening as she winced.

She whipped her head around to look at you and aonung in what seemed to be a private, yet full-blown war between the two of you, Aonung laughing in your face as you gave him a piece of your mind.

She let out a breath to calm herself. Happy thoughts...happy thoughts...she repeated in her mind as to not kick both you and her older brother in the back of the knees.