8.8

Love And Family

Rajeshwari admires her appearance in the mirror, feeling content with her choice of outfit - a stunning red saree paired with a delicate spaghetti strap blouse. She knows the effect it will have on Suyash, and a mischievous smile plays on her lips. 

As she applies the perfume that Suyash once adored, she can't help but think that Suyash may never find fulfillment in someone like Parvati. Suyash, tumhari khwahishein uss behen ji type Parvati se kabhi puray nahi hosakte. You need someone like me. 

Stepping out of her room, she leans against the railing and peers down from the second-floor hallway into the grand living room. A smile tugs at her lips as she spots Suyash making his way inside the mansion.

Descending the stairs with effortless grace, she catches his eye. Suyash's eyes linger on Rajeshwari's fair skin peeking through her see-through saree, her spaghetti straps blouse revealing her navel and bare back. As she draws closer, he can feel his discomfort growing.

“Kya baat karna tha tumhe?” He asks, with a poker face. 

“Kya hum thoda itminan se baat nahi kar sakte?” Rajeshwari says with pleading eyes. “Please baitho.”

Suyash accepts and takes a seat on the sofa, with her sitting beside him. As she sits beside him, her scent fills his nostrils, and he is reminded of the perfume he used to love when they were together.

"Thanks, mere bulane par aane ke liye..." She says softly, reaching for his arm.

“Agar koi important baat nahi hai toh main jaraha hoon,” Suyash expresses frustration, getting up to leave, but Rajeshwari stops him. "Suyash, please stay," she pleads, her tears calming his anger.

“Main wapas jarahi hoon, meri mann ki baatein tumhare saath share karna chahti hoon, tumhare alawa mera koi nahi hai…Please stay, Suyash,” Rajeshwari appeals to him, and he reluctantly agrees. Sitting back down, he asks out of concern as she appears sad, "tum theek hoon?"

Brushing away her tears, she says, “Pata nahi tumhare is sawal ka kya jawab du. Mujhe khush rehna chahiye lekin main khush nahi hoon.”

Suyash gazes at her, his expression clouded with confusion.

“Maine apni khushhal zindagi apne haathon se barbaad kar di, I regret it, Suyash,” Rajeswari confesses, her eyes brimming with regret. “Jab bhi tumhe Parvati ke saath dekhti hoon, mujhe bahut takleef hoti hai, because I still love you, Suyash. I really love you…”

Suyash is taken aback by her confession, and feels a deep sense of empathy as he understands the agony of being without love. 

“I regret losing you, Suyash. Apne haathon se tumhe aur hamare bacche ko apne se door kar diya, I regret it, Suyash, I really do,” Rajeshwari continues.

Suyash remains silent, his heart heavy with empathy. Loneliness can truly be the harshest punishment for anyone. And finally speaks, “jo ho gaya so ho gaya, Rajeshwari, sab kuch bhool kar aage badhne ki koshish karo. Ab purana waqt laut kar nahi aa sakta…”

“Aa sakta hai agar tum chaho,” Rajeshwari interrupts softly, hope flickering in her eyes. He looks at her, puzzled.

“Parvati ko chhod kar mere paas aa jao…”

Rising abruptly, Suyash's temper flares. “Have you lost your mind!”

She stands as well, closing the distance between them. “I love you, Suyash, and I know tum bhi mujhse pyaar karte ho, isliye tum Parvati ke saamne meri har zid maante ho, mere kehne par mere paas bhaage chale aate ho…” She cradles his face in her hands. “Sach kaho, mujhe aise dekhkar kya tumhe accha lagraha haina?”