C29: Dream?

The day Aditya dreaded was here. Much to his annoyance and surprise, Meenakshi's father and mother were also present. They were near the camp waiting for Meenakshi to wake up. Aditya's dad had come down to the camp to see Meenakshi and pray for her speedy recovery. He did not know why, but he felt like seeing the girl and wishing for her health. He felt emotional seeing Meenakshi. She reminded him of the innocent little daughter he had held once, before she was separated from him cruelly. When he came to know about Meenakshi's life, he felt miserable for the poor soul for going through so much. He did not expect his once best friend to be so ruthless and hostile to his own daughter. But after all, people change, they don't remain the same at all. He had tried convincing and talking to Aditya about accepting death and life in the same spirit but Aditya refused to listen to anything that was related to death. He wished, hoped and prayed for her to survive this night even though he knew that the chances were very low. Trying to keep his sanity sane, he went back to the camp where he was staying unable to deal with the negativity.

Aditya placed his head against the cot that had been placed in his tent. He sat on the floor, his knees hugged together, as he tried to think of the positives around him. He tried to convince himself that Meenakshi would be alright, that they would go back to normalcy, but nothing could put him at ease. He tried meditating, but that attempt was also futile. He sat in silence trying to rationalize his thoughts, trying to think that Meenakshi would be alright.

Aditya opened his eyes to see Meenakshi standing with her hands on her hip. Aditya smiled at the scene as he found two boys hanging their heads in guilt, being scolded by her. He got down from the bed and stood by her placing his hand on her lower back as he tried to control his smile. The boys looked up at him and a hope beamed in their eyes seeing him. Meenakshi only glared at him asking him to stay silent while Aditya helplessly nodded. He looked at the boys and their muddy outfits and put the two together.

"Are you troubling your Ma again?" He asked, his husky voice making her shiver. He smirked on seeing her reaction while she rolled her eyes at him. The boys shook their heads in a no, while Meenakshi sighed.

"Sorry Ma." They said in unison and ran towards her hugging her feet. They only pulled away to look at her face giving their best puppy eyes.

Meenakshi gave in, seeing their innocent faces and the boys jumped in joy. They pulled apart only to realize that their muddy stains had now stuck to her saree too. Panicking, they tried to dust away the dirt but only spread it further. Their faces turned into worry as they looked at each other and then at their mother who only glared playfully at them.

"Come on now. I think all of us need a bath now." Aditya smiled at her words while the boys walked ahead of their parents begrudgingly. Aditya quickly placed a kiss on her cheek before she could complain of getting caught red-handed by the boys.

As they stepped in the bathroom, Aditya stripped down to his loin cloth making the boys follow the same while Meenakshi sat on the edge of the tub, watching them. The boys reached for the containers containing soap nut and sandalwood and rubbed it on their body as their father taught them. Washing themselves with the water, they looked at their mother expectantly for a word of acknowledgement. She nodded asking them to come forward and both of them ran to her embrace as she dried them with a soft cotton towel.

"Guruji will be here anytime. I want both of you to start praying and revise your notes. After you finish your studies, we shall have lunch together and then play." The boys nodded eagerly and they ran off to get dressed again. Aditya stealthily walked out of the tub and bowed towards her, pointing his head. He also wanted to be dried off like his sons, and he didn't want to lose his chance. She just draped the towel over his head and walked away leaving Aditya to sulk. He walked out drying himself as Meenakshi helped her sons slip into their robes. Placing a sweet kiss on their cheeks and getting back one in return she bid them bye, only to be trapped by Aditya.

"I hope you are not too harsh on them. They have just turned three, they are allowed to have all the fun." He slowly spoke, not wanting to rile her up.

She turned towards him and took the towel in her hand. "I may sound harsh but I have nothing against their fun. They need to know how to prioritize everything. They have just begun their education, and all I want them is to have the patience to sit and listen, no matter who it is or what it is. That's all. They can play and prank all they want. After all it is their right to do so. And moreover try running behind them when you are four months pregnant, you shall know why you are easily frustrated." She jabbed at his chest, leaving him to his own misery.

"Hmm, that sounds okay. They have taken over me, so they are allowed to be naughty. Moreover let them enjoy a fair share of the fun we missed during our childhood." Aditya spoke as he hugged her from behind, his hand absent mindedly caressing her tiny bump. "And I feel they might suddenly become responsible once our daughter arrives." His voice held so much love and adoration for her and their unborn. They were going to be parents again and their happiness was unmatched. They basked in the warmth of the moment as they hugged each other, cherishing their embrace.

"Aditya." She called him while he hummed in response.

"Aditya." She tried again.

"Vikramaditya." Aditya snapped his eyes open only to find his father standing in front of him.

He looked around and found that he was in his camp and his father in front of him with a worried expression on his face. Aditya looked at his father asking the question while his father shook his head meekly.

"Her pulse has dropped frantically. Vaidh ji is trying to revive her. They think she won't be able to make it."

**********

La. la la. la la la.

The author you are trying to contact is not available. Please try later. 😂🤪

I wish you guys commented on my stories, it would make me so happy.

Phew, anyways love you guys.