8̲.̲

Arizona Carter

I sat on the cushion in front of the full body mirror and whipped out my phone before opening up Instagram. I swiped left and opened the camera pointing it towards the mirror. I recorded myself through the mirror making my long black boho braids cascade down my side.

"Hey Zar!" I said enthusiastically before pointing the camera over at my friend. She tried to hide her face, but eventually put her hand down and smiled at the camera. I added the video to my story and locked my phone before looking over at Zaria.

Shaylin and I had plans to go shopping so I invited Zaria along since I wanted to get to know her more. She was dressed casually in an oversized dark blue and red "Puerto Rico" jersey and denim jorts that stopped at her knees which she paired with white and blue Nike Dunk sneakers. Her big curly hair was styled in two ponytails that put her pretty face on full display.

"Is this where you guys usually shop at?" Zaria asked as she looked around the luxury store. We were currently in Marni since Shay wanted some furry slides.

"I don't shop at Marni cuz I don't really like their clothes, but Bal Harbour has better stores." I told her honestly before looking down at my phone as a couple notifications came.

(real_arizona): Hakeem replied to your story: That's shorty from the party! She got ig??

(vishan): reacted to your story: ❤️

I rolled my eyes and tried to hide my smile as I saw Vishan's notification. Even though its just the basic heart reaction, I still felt a type of way.

Ever since the day he went to my house and I teased him, our friendship shifted a bit; I was starting to flirt back with him, but I didn't have feelings for him. Vishan was a hoe and I refuse to get too attached him and end up looking crazy and heartbroken when he messed with some other bitch.

I opened our message thread and sent him a simple message since he gave me a simple ass reaction.

What you up to Mr. King?

I left it at that before glancing over at Zaria and watched as she picked out some of the clothes from the rack before putting them back. It's obvious that she wasn't interested in Marni clothes.

"You got Instagram Zar?" I asked her and she briefly looked over at me before nodding her head.

"I mostly post my island gyal lifestyle when I was back home." She laughed before taking a seat next to me on the cushion. She smelled so good like roses mixed with coconut hair product.

"You smell like Miss Dior! I love that perfume!" I told her and Zaria laughed shyly while focusing on her nails. I noticed that she was shy around Shay and I, but I really want her to get out of her shell.

"Before I forget, what's your Instagram? I wanna see how you be living." I nudged her softly and Zaria perked up finally making eye contact with me.

"It's just Zaria Marie with an underscore at the end." I typed her username until it popped up. I pressed on her profile and saw that it was a private account. She accepted my request and I spent time scrolling through her feed as we waited for Shaylin.

Her account did mostly consist of lifestyle content such as travel, on the beach, and the different food she was eating. "You have a nice body; why you not showing it off?" I questioned her as I pressed on a picture of her on a mini yacht. Her body looked gorgeous in the yellow bikini she was wearing.