Chapter 41 - Watched

Terrence needed a few minutes to calm down. Mark had raised his temperature to a million and he couldn't go out like that. They would meet tonight at Mark's house. That took Terrence by surprise, a pleasant surprise, but a surprise nonetheless.

He actually felt like he was free falling when Mark suggested he go to his room. He figured Mark would say no, he even expected him to hit him for the suggestion. But, no. Mark not only said yes, but he also invited him to his house. If that kiss was any indication of what making love would be like, this night would last forever. Terrence washed his face to wake up and left the bathroom.

************************************

"You know? I just remembered that I have a savings account that nobody knows about. My mom advised me to always have some money saved because you never know when things can get complicated."

"Really?"

"Mhmm. I have saved up a good amount of money which we can use without spending yours." He concluded, caressing his hand.

"I don't mind sharing what I have with you."

"I know love, but I also want to help you. You heard the doctor, you have to take care of yourself. You'll have to stop working on the farm until the babies are born."

"There's something I want us to do together before my belly starts to grow."

"What is it?"

"I want us to go for a horse ride. I want Chocolate to know he's going to be an uncle," he said, smiling.

Micah burst into laughter and kissed both of his cheeks. "You're so adorable."

When Terrence headed for the door, he saw Micah who recognized him right away. He gestured for him to follow and left the diner.

"Love, I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Angel asked anxiously.

"Remember when I told you I thought I saw someone I knew?" Angel nodded. "He's one of my dad's employees."

"So they found us?" Angel stood up like a spring, grabbing his arm.

"Calm down, please. Remember what we talked about. I'll go talk to him and see what he wants. It's not normal for him to want to talk to me since it would be better for him to tell my father where I am. I'll be back and I'll tell you everything, okay?"

"Okay." Angel let him go and sat back down.

"Are you okay? Do you want more juice?" Mark asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. Instead of juice, could you bring me water, please?"

"Of course."

************************************

"Terrence."

"Young Micah."

"How did you find me?" Terrence didn't respond and just stared at him.

"The credit card. Damn it. Did you tell dad already?"

"I'm not going to tell him I found you."

Micah was surprised by that statement.

"Why?"

"Young Micah, in all the years I've known you, I've never seen you so happy and relaxed. You always had a heavy aura like someone who didn't want to be in this world. Now your aura feels light, your eyes sparkle, and happiness overflows from your pores. Who am I to take that happiness away from you? Although that doesn't mean they won't send someone else."