Chapter 53 - Return Home 🔞

Francis and Lucia returned to California. They were both so angry that the tension on the plane could be cut with a knife.Lucia cried out of impotence and rage. How could that damn black man be pregnant with her Micah's child? Damn it! She had to do something to separate them. She wasn't going to let a bastard take away what was hers.

"I'm so sorry, daughter. I really didn't expect Micah to do something like this."

"That bastard surely did it on purpose to get money. I can't believe Micah let himself be deceived like this. What are we going to do now, father? I don't want to lose Micah." 

She looked at him with pleading eyes. Lucia knew Francis's weakness for her and was going to use it to the fullest.

Francis took her hand, offering comfort.

"Don't worry, Micah will marry you no matter what."

Lucia gave him a shy smile, but it hid the most sinister thoughts.

Stupid old man. I will end all of you. Your empire will be mine. 

After five and a half hours, the private jet arrived in California. Francis asked Horatio to drop Lucia off at her house first and then continue to the mansion. Francis's anger grew stronger every time he remembered the argument with Micah. How could he do such a stupid thing? Francis needed a drink, and he needed it badly. He took his cell phone out of his pocket and sent a text message.

"I need you. I'll be waiting for you at the usual place."

"I'll be there."

He put the phone back and sighed deeply. He was the only good thing amid all the shit. He closed his eyes and focused on his lover for the rest of the way.

                                        *************************

Francis arrived at the mansion in a foul mood. He didn't want to see or talk to anyone, but Diane was coming down the stairs at that moment.

"Where is Micah?"

"Your son didn't want to come," he responded with disdain.

"What do you mean?"

"That your son let himself be fooled by a starving bastard and got him pregnant."

"What?! I don't understand you. Could you explain better?" she asked, confused.

"Micah got the bastard he's with pregnant, and when I said I wouldn't allow that relationship, he told me he didn't give a fuck whether I accepted it or not. Do you realize how serious this is? His fiancée went looking for him, and he was with someone else!"

"That's all that matters to you, isn't it? What Lucia feels, not what Micah feels. Micah is your son, not that two-faced bitch!"

"Don't call her that! Lucia is the perfect woman for Micah, freeloaderfreeloader."

"Well, that freeloader is our son's soulmate whether you accept it or not."

"Your son. From today on, he is no longer my son. And if he thinks he will touch a single cent of my fortune, he is very mistaken."

"What do you mean by that?"

"If he doesn't marry Lucia, I will disinherit him. I didn't build this empire for a lowlife to come and try to take it."

"Your empire?" she asked with a sneering laugh.

"Should I remind you that 'your empire' was built with my money? Without me, you wouldn't have reached where you are."