jeju ~ promises

"He's missed you," you acknowledge, nodding towards the absolute bundle of chaotic joy currently wrestling with Jungkook

"He's missed you," you acknowledge, nodding towards the absolute bundle of chaotic joy currently wrestling with Jungkook. No matter how much he likes spending time with you, there's no one Bam would rather be around than Jungkook.

They share a gleeful expression that would suggest it's mutual.

"Course he has," Jungkook says through gritted teeth as he continues to play fight against Bam before addressing him directly. Holding his head still, Jungkook gets Bam's restless attention on him for all of a second or so before he wrestles with him again. "You always miss your Daddy, don't you, huh?"

Folding your arms across your chest, in nothing but a little cropped tee and a pair of linen shorts, you watch on fondly. Hair up in a claw clip, you're every bit the girl of Jungkook's forbidden dreams. "He's been counting down the days."

Glancing up towards you with a smirk, Jungkook can't help but indulge himself in a harmless flirt. "He's a dog, gremlin. He can't count. I think you've been counting down the days."

"I've been doing no such thing."

Turning his attention back to Bam, Jungkook scratches behind his ears and coos. "Is Mummy lying, huh? Has she been counting down the days?"

The smile on your face doesn't falter, but your heart does momentarily stop when you realise what he called you.

Jungkook's eyes quickly dart to yours, lips parted, suddenly aware of it, too. "Well, I just mean, like, you're his motherly figure," he almost chokes. "I didn't mean it like—"

"Oh, no, you did," you cockily tease, just to get him a little more flushed with embarrassment. Crouching, you open your arms up wide—and right on cue, Bam comes bounding over to you. It's you now who scratches behind his ears. Coos. "Is your Daddy an idiot, huh? Yeah? Yeah, I think so too, Bammie."

Eyes narrowed, Jungkook both loves and hates how you've chosen to just tease him over his blunder. So often, it's him teasing you, and now that he's getting the same energy back, he almost doesn't know how to deal with it.

Standing, you usher Bam back over to Jungkook—and while he welcomes him back with open arms, he keeps his focus on you.

There's a cheekiness to your confidence as you walk over to pick up Jungkook's rucksack. Watching him squirm is a rare luxury, so you're gonna make the most of it.

"What?" You grin, reaching down to hook his bag over your shoulder. The proximity of your face to his is far too close. A little mascara is smudged beneath your lashes that he just knows must be on his pillows, too, and a balmy moisture on your lips from your overnight lip mask. He can smell the subtle strawberry notes. Wonders if it tastes as good as it smells.

There's a serenity to the way a strand of hair slips out of place. Jungkook would tuck it back in place, if he could think straight.

The touch of a wet nose pressing against his cheek distracts him from you, and gets a smile back on those pretty lips of his. A dimple forms in his cheek as he pulls back and away from Bam's snout, playfully scolding him. "No kisses, Bammie."