37

"Stop!" I stopped the doctor before he could even go to Beomgyu's room.

He looks at me in confusion.
"Why did you stop me Sowon?"

"I need to know how is Beomgyu doing, you didn't even tell me why he doesn't respond to my note." I spread my arms out and stood in front of him, preventing him from going into the room behind me.

He averts his gaze from me and scratches his neck in nervousness, aren't doctors good at lying?

"He's fine—"

"Stop with that shit! I'm sick of it, just tell me already!" I'm aware that I just cursed at the doctor in front of me but I am sick of the lies that come out of his mouth.

He widened his eyes as he was about to say something but got cut off by someone's voice.

"Sowon? Is that you?" my body froze hearing that familiar deep voice again.

"B-Beomgyu?" I responded after I caught my breath back.

"Don't worry Sowon. I'm really fine, I promise you."

"Is that true?" I glanced at the doctor to see him nodding his head in confirmed.

"I see. I trust you Beomgyu, take care, and don't forget to reply to my note. See you later!" that day, I'm smiling from mouth to my ear. Maybe I feel excited to hear his voice again after some time.

But I should know.. that promises are meant to be broken.