55

2 june 20xx

I thought I would never come into this place again but here I am, if it's not because of that old man then I wouldn't be here.

I stepped in, deja vu.

Immediately memories flashed through my mind, and I saw myself running around the hospital to go to his room to slide the note that I wrote every day.

I walked further and didn't even realize I was already in front of his room.

Running my hands on top of the door, admire every sticker.

Knock knock

"Come in." the voice inside said but this time it's not him.

I walked inside and looked at his bed, neatly covered with a duvet and not like the first time I got into this room.

A soft smile made its way to my lips, remembering back when he used to cover himself.

"Sowon?" I look at the voice, forgetting the fact that I am not alone in this room.

"Sit there." he gestured for me to sit on his bed.

He walked to the door and switched off the light making me confused, what is he trying to do?

He then walked toward the cabinet beside me and I followed his movements, he turned on the projector button, and the light flashed at the wall. I heard a soft noise as the video played.

"Is it already started?"

His voice.. but this time I froze seeing his face.

"Yepp." I turned my head to look at him and he pointed at the video gesturing me to continue watching.

"Hello Sowon, by the time you watch it, you probably know that I'm gone. I know I promise you that I will be alright, I know I promise you that I will be fine but trust me, I'm really fine. I'm sorry that I have to leave you like this, I always knew that I was gonna end up like this, I was always weak since I was born. Spending all of my life here, exchanging notes with someone like you who found my door pretty."

He stops, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"I love you Sowon, I truly love you. I want you to forget me and move on, find someone better than me."

Even though the room is dark, I can notice a single tear rolled down his cheek.

"The reason I don't want anyone to see my face is because I don't want them to remember my face, because if they do then they will remember me when I'm gone. But you're different, I feel like I should let you see my face. I will become a bad friend if I continue to treat you like that. And I don't want them to know my name because I don't want them to remember my name also."

He looked down and his bangs covered his beautiful brown eyes.

"Do you remember when I said I ran out of paper? I lie Sowon, I lie to you. That day, I almost gave up on my life but suddenly remembered all of your notes somehow gave me strength."

"You become the reason I'm looking forward to another day, looking forward to another note from you, looking forward to another story from you."

"You know when you said you want to make me yours? I burst out laughing that I almost can't breathe, how could you just say something like that, I thought it was just a joke but I guess you're really serious."

I let out a small laugh hearing him giggle.

"I want to witness the day you're confessing to me Sowon, but if you see this video before your confession then don't ever feel bad about not confessing sooner. It's not your fault Sowon, never."

His expression turns serious.

"Sowon, I really hope you won't feel guilty or blame yourself because if you do then I will haunt you in your dreams."

"Then I rather blame myself if it's the only way to see you.." I noticed a pair of eyes looking at me but I ignored him.

"Lastly Sowon, please remember that I will always love you.

The project makes a sound indicating the video has ended.

"It's not fair though, I get to see your face but you didn't get to see my face."

Click

I blinked multiple times due to the sudden light, I looked at him as he made his way toward me.

"I'm sorry for holding this video with me, I thought this was the good time to show you when you're finally recovered."

"I never recovered after that day doc.."

"..."

"You will do what he says right? He wants you to move on."

"H-how could I do that..?"

"But you have to Sowon."

"I try, I will try doc.."

"I will even if it's taking me a hundred years."

— Last Goodbye, The Ends

🎉 You've finished reading [√] 𝖫𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖦𝗈𝗈𝖽𝖻𝗒𝖾 - 𝖡𝖾𝗈𝗆𝗀𝗒𝗎 🎉