32 - Torn?

Taehyung's POV

Seeing him smile again filled me with relief. It had been too long since we'd seen him because of our schedules and his demanding job. Guilt washed over me for not checking in on him more often. But I pushed those thoughts aside; I should be happy that he was recovering.

I watched as Jin fed him, a genuine smile lighting up his face. He glanced over and caught me staring.

"Taehyung, is there something on my face?"

"No, you just look really handsome from here," I said, feeling the heat rise in my cheeks as he giggled. I could sense the amused glares from the others, especially Jin.

"You're the handsome one, Taehyung. Didn't you win the 'most handsome face' award?" he replied, blushing.

"Oh, stop it," I chuckled. Jin glared at me as he spooned another mouthful of soup into Y/N's mouth.

"Taehyung's been eating something strange to be this flirty all of a sudden," Yoongi remarked sarcastically.

"I can be flirty whenever I want, Yoongi," I shot back.

"Hey, can you two keep it down? You're right next to my ears," Jungkook complained.

"We're not fighting, just having a discussion," I said, flipping my hair as Hoseok clapped. I noticed Y/N watching us, smiling at our playful banter. Sometimes, he could be so childlike, a side of him I truly cherished.

When Jin finished feeding Y/N, he handed him a bottle of water and left to clean up. Seizing the opportunity, I grabbed the fruit basket before Jungkook could get to it and sat down beside Y/N.

"Hi Y/N," I greeted him.

"Hi, Taehyung."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, just a bit feverish," he replied.

"That's good to hear. Here," I said, offering him an apple.

"Thanks," he said, taking a bite. I smiled, amazed at how someone so beautiful and kind could sit beside me.

"Why are you smiling, Taehyung?"

"I just saw the most beautiful thing in the world."

He looked around, confused. "Where? I don't see anything."

"The person beside me."

"The fruit basket?" he asked, puzzled.

"No."

"The flower vase?"

"Nope," I said, laughing as he continued to look around until he finally pointed to himself.

"Me?"

"Yes," I confirmed, and he laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"You sure, Taehyung? Do you need glasses or something?"

"I'm not kidding, Y/N."

"I'm not beautiful."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not. Why would you say that?"

"Because it's true. You're not just handsome; you have a beautiful heart, too," I said, taking his hand. "Your kindness, your thoughtfulness, your personality. You're an amazing person."

Tears welled up in his eyes, and he pulled his hand away. "Thank you, Taehyung, but I'm not a good person. I've done things I regret."

"What do you mean? From what I've seen, you're a wonderful person. Maybe you've made mistakes, but that doesn't define who you are now."