THE BLEEDING LIME

Beneath the bustling city of Jakarta, a dark legend shrouds the Jeruk Purut Cemetery. The tale of the beheaded priest ghost, a horrifying figure who haunts the graveyard with vengeance and terror.

Legend has it that during the Dutch colonial era, a priest named Father Hans resided in a church near the Jeruk Purut Cemetery. He was known as a kind and religious man, but harbored a dark secret.

One night, Father Hans was brutally murdered by a group of men envious of his goodness. His head was severed, and his body was buried in Jeruk Purut Cemetery. Since then, Father Hans's spirit has roamed, haunted by revenge and rage.

The legend says that the ghost of Father Hans can be identified by his tattered robes, pale white face, and missing head. He is often seen wandering the Jeruk Purut Cemetery, seeking visitors who dare to enter his domain.

For those who are reckless, the consequences are dire. The ghost of Father Hans will pounce and decapitate them, mimicking his own tragic demise. The heartbreaking screams of his victims can often be heard at night, adding to the horror for anyone who hears them.

Some believe that the ghost of Father Hans only appears on Friday Kliwon, a night considered to be the most haunted in Javanese tradition. However, others say that he can appear anytime, especially when someone is alone and unsuspecting.

The story of the Jeruk Purut ghost has become an urban legend passed down through generations. The Jeruk Purut Cemetery has become a place avoided by many, especially at night.

The existence of the ghost of Father Hans remains a mystery, but the stories of his horror continue to haunt the surrounding community. For those who dare to explore the Jeruk Purut Cemetery, be prepared to feel the chilling sensation of terror and perhaps face the headless priest ghost who roams.

Story Variations:

In this version of the story, the ghost of Father Hans has a vendetta against people who sin and do not repent. He will drag them into his grave and torture them forever. Some people believe that the ghost of Father Hans is still searching for his lost head. He will decapitate visitors to the Jeruk Purut Cemetery and attach their heads to his own. There is also a version of the story that says the ghost of Father Hans is actually the guardian of the Jeruk Purut Cemetery. He will only attack people who come with malicious intent or want to damage the place.

Moral Message:

The story of the Jeruk Purut ghost can be a reminder for us to always do good and not harm others. Father Hans's tragic death and eternal revenge serve as an example of how hatred and anger can destroy ourselves and others.