THE OILY MAN

Aishah stared out her rain-streaked window, the monotonous patter a lullaby compared to the frantic beat of her heart. Her grandmother's warnings about the Orang Minyak echoed in her mind, a chilling counterpoint to the storm's fury.

The legend spoke of a creature shrouded in darkness, its body slick with an unnatural oil that made it impossible to grasp. It preyed on young women, its touch leaving an oily residue and a chilling paralysis.

Aishah scoffed at the legend most of the year. But tonight, with the power out and the wind howling like a banshee, a single, dark droplet splattered on her windowpane. It wasn't water. It shimmered faintly, an unnatural sheen under the occasional lightning flash.

Panic clawed at her throat. Grabbing a heavy porcelain vase, the only weapon within reach, Aishah inched closer to the window. The rain had stopped, replaced by an eerie silence.

Aishah's breath hitched as a shape materialized outside, cloaked in the inky shadows. It was tall and impossibly thin, its movements fluid and silent. A hand, slick and black, pressed against the glass, the oily sheen spreading like a spiderweb.

Aishah screamed, the sound raw and desperate. But before she could swing the vase, the creature recoiled. A faint sizzling sound filled the air, a metallic tang reaching her nostrils.

Lightning illuminated the scene for a fleeting moment. Aishah saw it then, a glint of silver around the creature's wrist - a bracelet. It was intricately carved, moonlight glinting off strange symbols etched into the metal.

Suddenly, the creature was gone. Relief washed over Aishah, leaving her trembling.

The next morning, the power returned. Curiosity warring with fear, Aishah ventured outside. Her heart hammered against her ribs as she approached the window. There, embedded in the soft earth, lay the silver bracelet.

Aishah took it gingerly, the metal cool against her skin. As she turned it over, she noticed an inscription on the inside: "Minyak dibalas minyak" - Oil repaid with oil.