Introduction

{A/N}
Uh so there is smut in this book but you can skip over the chapters they're marked with different headers for example the regular one is ★~chapter~★ whereas the smut ones are ‎♡‧₊˚~‎Chapter~˚₊‧‎♡ Thanks for reading btw :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

It was springtime in 16th-17th century England. You were an actor at the Globe Theater working under the director, playwriting, and fellow actor, William Shakespeare. Everyone at The Globe was getting ready for their spring play 12th Night, or What You Will, one of William's new plays that he had finished writing that very winter. It was a play full of love and lust. Something you knew he wrote wonderfully. You had started falling in love with Will when you'd seen him perform as Romeo in Romeo and Juliet last fall. You played Mercutio. (Who honestly does have chemistry.) He had played so passionately, romantically that he drew you in. But you had suppressed those feelings under the assumption that it was all in character. This year he played Orsino and you played Viola. You had been cast as a female several times and often people had complimented you on how well you played both genders. Even Will himself complemented you which made your heart skip a beat and grin ear to ear. But this time was different. It felt like Viola was written for you.

Viola, for those who haven't read 12th night, is a character that disguises herself as a man to be Orsino's manservant because she's deeply in love with him.

But it wasn't, right? Will barely talked to you, so why would he write a role for you. Even if he did write it for you, why would he cast himself as the one you're supposed to be madly in love with? It made sense that William Kemp was cast as Olivia; he played Juliet a while back. Everyone loved William Kemp but you had this bitter taste in your mouth whenever anyone talked about him. Especially when Shakespeare talked to him. Sometimes you wished you were Juliet and that you got to kiss Shakespeare. But you didn't love him did you? He was just...your boss. ...Right?