★~Chapter 17~★

You sat in a chair next to Shakespeare watching him write. It was quiet, which was nice. The two of you just sat there enjoying each other's presence. Occasionally, Shakespeare would ask you the word he couldn't think of or synonyms and antonyms of words. You watched his hands write with grace, slowly and skillfully. It was mesmerizing watching him work. Eventually, he finished writing the scene he was on and grabbed a new paper before stretching in his chair. “This act is taking forever to write!” He groans, turning towards you. “You don't have to stay here and watch me, you know.”
“Yeah, I know.” You smiled. “But I figured if you were going to do the same thing without me here, it would be better with company.”
“Well, you are great company…” he smiles. “-helpful, considerate, and… you make writing so much less…?”
“Hard?”
“I was going to say difficult but…that works.” He kisses you lightly. “It's getting late…you should go get some rest.”
“You should too…” You put your hand on his cheek and he leans into your touch.
“I'll join you when I finish this scene…” He takes your hand and kisses the back of it.
“Promise?”
Shakespeare interlocks your pinkies together and kisses them. “I promise.”

You walked into Shakespeare's bedroom and laid down on his bed. You stared at the ceiling and sighed. You felt bad for the state of Shakespeare’s house. You always knew he struggled with writing but you never thought it was this bad. I mean he starved himself for days drinking nothing but beer while writing. Eventually, You closed your eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

A couple hours later, you woke up to Shakespeare climbing into the bed with you. He pulls you into a tight hug and smiles. You turn around and face him putting a hand on his cheek. “I love you…” he whispers, kissing you on the forehead.
“...I love you too”

~★~

[A/N]

A short and sweet one today before the storm of the end of the fic.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the reads. Feel free to drop some votes. And if you want more or have any ideas for future fics drop a comment down below.

Thanks for eating this up guys it makes this writing experience a lot more fun.
Anyway bye bye I'll see you tomorrow!