01. forced.

INTO YOU

chapter one
— reese's pov 🌀

✩₊˚.⋆ 🌌 ⋆⁺₊✧

I SIGH as I unlock my car, allowing my sister to get in the passengers seat.

"Hey, Reesey. Thanks for agreeing to take me over to Claire's." Cara smiles, and I nod.

"No problem. I gotta stop back by the school anyways, and Claire's is on the way over there." I tell her, and she furrows her eyebrows.

"You have to go back up to school? Why?" She seems confused.

"Dad wanted me to, I'm not exactly sure why, but he's our dad, so obviously I'm gonna listen." I shrug, pulling out of the driveway and giving my sister aux.

Cara and I have been close our entire lives, since we're only two years apart. We completely skipped over that snitching-on-every-little-thing-just-to-be-petty stage and went straight to best friends as soon as I was 10. Sure, our friend groups are a little different, seeing as she's mainly friends with freshman and sophomores, and my groups consist more of juniors and seniors, but we had some overlap.

Much of the soccer players were friends with us both, especially since my sister made varsity her freshman year and played a frequent amount.

I hadn't played last year, but I went to all the games and she did amazing. Granted, Jas and Ellie also begged me to go, plus my dad wanted me to, so I had many reasons to show up, but still. Seeing my sister play was always fun for me and I enjoyed it.

I drop her off at Claire's house, and she makes sure to disconnect her phone from aux before leaving... wouldn't be the first time she forgot.

After Cara's safely inside her best friend's house, I pull off and head back to the school. My dad has to coach soccer today, so I'm not sure what he needs, but I'm sure whatever it is won't take me too long.

I park in the facility parking lot because they don't really care if I do or not, and I head out to the football field, since it doubles as our main soccer field.

My dad is standing off to the sidelines as his team scrimmages the JV players, and I walk to his side.

"Hey, dad. What did you need?" I ask, and he takes a second to finally tear his eyes away from his precious team.

"Oh, hey Reese. I wanted to tell you that you're gonna be assisting me this year with the boys team." He states mildly, as if that's a casual thing to force your senior daughter to do.

"What, like you're making me be the manager?" I ask, and he nods.

"Exactly. Most of these boys are in your grade anyways, so you know them." He bargains, and I sigh.

"Dad, I'm not friends with the guys in my grade." I mumble, and he turns to look at me again.

"Well you can make some friends, then. And let's be clear that's all you'll be making. You can't get involved with any of my players, Reese." He says sternly, and my jaw drops.

"You basically called me a whore."

"Reese!" He scolds. "I said no such thing. I just don't want you screwing around with a soccer player of mine."

"What if they want to screw around with me?" I question, and he looks at the field again.

"They won't want to. They've learned by now what happens if they fuck with one of my daughters." He informs, and I resist the urge to laugh.

One of the sophomores on the team, Alex, had gone out with my sister for 5 months last school year... when my dad found out, Alex had to run a killer for each date they'd been on...

He had to run 26 killers. In one practice. He nearly threw up, but at least he was in really good shape... I guess.

Granted, my sister had gotten mad at my dad, because Alex had gotten mad at her because of it, so he ended up apologize to Cara eventually... but I'm pretty sure he still has something against Alex. 

He blows the whistle and his team jogs over, most of them grabbing their water bottles as the stand in a semi-circle facing my father and I.

I have to admit, soccer boys are definitely my type, and most of this team is fine as hell. Unfortunately for me I can't make a move on any of them though...

Of the most attractive ones, there was Andrew, Tristan, and the twins. Everyone liked one of the Noon twins, to a point where it was almost annoying.

I made direct eye contact with the slightly shorter of the two, he was breathing sort of heavily from his scrimmaging of soccer.

I forced myself to look away and back at my dad as he introduced me to the team, even though my eyes wanted to continue observing the Noon boy.

"You all should know my daughter, Reese, yeah?" My father asks, and most of the team nods. "She'll be your manager this year since the last varsity one doesn't want to do it this year."

"Why'd Ally quit?" The shorter twin asks, and my dad sighs.

"She got busy with other things, but it doesn't matter, because Reese knows soccer inside and out." My dad reiterates. "Get to know her, I want you all to be comfortable when she's around you all the time."

My father walks off without another word. Get to know each other? Really? Most of these are the boys that I grew up in elementary and middle school with. I don't want to know them.

"Well? Let's go!" My dad shouts from where he's standing, and the boys scramble to sit in a makeshift circle, incorporating me into it since I didn't take a single step at the sound of my dad's voice.

Well this is gonna be interesting, I guess...

✩₊˚.⋆ 🌌 ⋆⁺₊✧

JENNA YAPS!

YAYYY FIRST CHAPTER!! and already a little tension??? 👀.

I love Jas so much and she wasn't in this chapter I just needed to state that 😞.

ANYWAYS TYSM FOR READING I LOVE U ALL SO MUCH!!