Broken Dreams

---

### Part 1: Broken Dreams

Kim Jisoo had always been the epitome of beauty and intelligence, her radiant smile and sharp mind captivating everyone she met. It was no surprise when Kim Taehyung, the young and enigmatic CEO of Kim Industries, fell deeply in love with her. Their whirlwind romance quickly blossomed into a fairy-tale wedding, setting the whole city abuzz with excitement.

For a while, their life together was perfect. They shared laughter, dreams, and countless tender moments. But as they began discussing the future, one dream loomed larger than the others: starting a family. With hearts full of hope, they decided to try for a baby.

Months passed, and when nothing happened, they sought medical advice. The fertility tests revealed the heartbreaking truth: Jisoo couldn't get pregnant.

Jisoo sat quietly in their luxurious living room, her eyes fixed on the test results in her trembling hands. Taehyung entered the room, his expression unreadable.

"Taehyung," Jisoo whispered, looking up at him with tears brimming in her eyes. "The doctor... he said... I can't have children."

Taehyung's jaw tightened as he processed the information. He walked over to the window, staring out at the city skyline, his mind racing. "Are you sure?" he finally asked, his voice cold and distant.

Jisoo nodded, her heart aching at his reaction. "I'm so sorry, Taehyung. I know how much you wanted this."

Taehyung remained silent for a moment, his back still turned to her. "We have options, Jisoo. There are other ways to have a family."

Jisoo's voice trembled. "I know, but... it's not the same. I wanted to give you a child, our child."

Taehyung turned to face her, his expression hard. "And what about the company? The legacy? How will we explain this to our families?"

Jisoo felt a pang of despair at his words. "Taehyung, this isn't just about the company or our families. This is about us. Our love, our life together."

Taehyung ran a hand through his hair, frustration evident in his every movement. "I need time to think," he said abruptly, heading towards the door.

"Taehyung, please," Jisoo pleaded, her voice breaking. "Don't shut me out."

But Taehyung was already gone, leaving Jisoo alone with her grief.

Days turned into weeks, and the distance between them grew. Taehyung became more withdrawn, often working late and avoiding conversations about their future. Jisoo's heart broke a little more each day as she watched the man she loved slipping away from her.

One evening, Taehyung finally spoke the words Jisoo had been dreading.

"Jisoo, I can't do this anymore," he said, his tone devoid of emotion. "I think it's best if we go our separate ways."

Jisoo's eyes filled with tears. "Taehyung, don't do this. We can find a way through this together."

Taehyung shook his head. "I'm sorry, Jisoo. I've made up my mind."

With that, Taehyung walked out of their home, leaving Jisoo to face the shattering reality of their broken dreams.

---

Jisoo sat alone in the now-empty living room, her heart heavy with sorrow. Memories of their happier times together flooded her mind, making the silence even more unbearable. She picked up her phone, her fingers hovering over Taehyung's contact, but she knew it was futile. He had made his decision.

The following morning, Taehyung returned to finalize the details of their separation. They sat across from each other at the dining table, the air thick with unspoken words.

"Jisoo, I've arranged for the lawyers to handle everything," Taehyung said, his voice devoid of warmth. "You can stay here as long as you need."

Jisoo looked up at him, her eyes red from crying. "This house... it was our dream. Now it's just a reminder of what we've lost."

Taehyung looked away, unable to meet her gaze. "I'm sorry, Jisoo. I never wanted this to happen."

"Then why are you doing this?" Jisoo's voice was barely a whisper, filled with anguish.

Taehyung sighed, his shoulders slumping. "I can't see a future where we're both happy. The pressure from the board, our families... It's too much."

Jisoo shook her head, a bitter smile on her lips. "So you're choosing them over us? Over me?"

"It's not that simple," Taehyung said, frustration creeping into his voice. "You don't understand the weight I carry."

"I understand more than you think," Jisoo replied, her voice steadying. "I thought we were in this together, Taehyung. I thought our love was strong enough to overcome anything."

Taehyung stood up, his expression conflicted. "I need to go. I'll have the lawyers contact you tomorrow."

As he left, Jisoo felt a hollow emptiness settle in her chest. She knew this was the end of their story, but she couldn't shake the feeling that it didn't have to be this way.

She spent the next few days packing her things, each item a painful reminder of their life together. The once warm and vibrant home now felt cold and desolate. As she placed the last of her belongings into a suitcase, she paused to look at a photo of them from their wedding day. They had looked so happy, so full of hope for the future.

Tears streamed down her face as she whispered to the empty room, "Goodbye, Taehyung."

---

As Jisoo closed the door behind her and walked away from their home, she knew she had to find a way to move on. It wouldn't be easy, but she was determined to rebuild her life, even if it meant doing it alone.