Chapter 1 - A Call From Ahsoka

Disclaimer: This is an alternative timeline to the outcome of the original Anabeth trilogy I wrote (Anabeth: Spark Of Change, Anabeth: Darkness Rising, Anabeth: New Beginnings). This story branches off from the original timeline in Anabeth: Darkness Rising, Chapter 11.
That being said, I advise you to make yourself familiar again with the plot up until that point. This chapter will be a rewrite of said chapter, meaning the beginning will be the same, but this chapter will have a different outcome than the one in the original trilogy.
Now without wasting any more time, let's get started with the first chapter!

"Drink that" Windu said, putting down a cup of coffee in front of Ana and then taking a seat opposite her. "I thought there was a 'no coffee for Padawans' policy" the sleepy Ana replied as she took the cup. "I'm making an exception, just go with it and don't tell anyone" Mace responded as he got started drinking his own cup of coffee. Ana just shrugged it off, continuing her own breakfast and trying the coffee. It tasted horribly bitter in her opinion, but in her sleep deprived state, she was willing to trade tastiness for energy.

The two of them finished their breakfast in silence, something that wasn't really usual for them. "Is there something you need me for, or is it okay if I go to the library?" Ana finally asked. "Go ahead, I have a Council meeting to attend. Our scouts have located General Grievous on Utapau and we need to decide who to send. I'll come and pick you up for lunch" Windu granted her request, although he had a bad feeling about letting Ana go off on her own.

Ana immediately went ahead to the library, hoping to find the solution to what was happening to her there. At first it had always been helpful when she had seen what was to come, but what she was seeing was now turning into more of a problem and a burden and she needed to know why. She only hoped the archives actually had an answer for her.

"Good morning, Ana" Madam Jocast Nu greeted her as she entered the library. Ana had become very familiar with the elder Jedi since she came here often. The two of them shared a love of knowledge they had bonded over. Master Nu even liked to call her the most dedicated Padawan when it came to studying. "Good morning, Madam Jocast" Ana returned the greeting. "Here for something specific I can help you find?" Jocasta offered her help. "Thank you, but no. I just came for some research" Ana politely turned her down.

Ana proceeded to sit down in a quiet corner at one of the terminals, starting her research on the topic of visions, seen as that seemed to be the only term to vaguely describe what she was looking for. The only problem was, that the topic could be considered more than just large, with thousands of books and texts to chose from. She continued to try to narrow down her field of search through research. Her luck was limited but giving up was not going to be an option for her. Instead, she spent hours concentrating on different texts and even branches of research, writing down notes and becoming familiar with the material.

Around lunch time, Windu got to the library, wanting to pick up Ana to get something to eat. When he finally spotted her in the corner she was still sitting at her terminal, sorrounded by two data pads and countless data chips. He was about to go over to her and ask her what she was doing when Madam Jocosta waved him over.

"Everything alright?" he asked concerned. "I was going to ask you the same thing" the elder Jedi replied "Ana has been sitting there for hours without taking a break, she barely accepted the glass of water I got her because I was worried. And she seems really tired". "That's because she barely slept. Any idea what she's working on?" Windu replied. "Not in the slightest. She was extremely vague when she came in, stating she came for some research. I managed to sneak a few glances at her notes and it seems like she is researching visions, but with no particular point of focus. Is she alright?".

"I wish I could say yes, but it doesn't seem like she is. It seems I have a bigger problem on my hands than I thought" Windu responded. "It appears that you do" Master Nu agreed with him. "Well, thanks for relaying the information, I'll go and try to talk to her" Windu thanked the librarian before heading in Ana's direction.